Bull First Brisket!

Kamikazee494

Just finished my first brisket. I was very nervous. Never done one before. Seasoned with salt pepper onion and garlic. Put it on the Bull at 1000 last night. Wrapped this morning around 5. Probe tender around 9 this morning. Let rest in a cooler till around 11. Couldn’t wait any longer so I decided to cut into it. Crazy juicy and tastes amazing. Now I learned a lot. I definitely need to do a better job of trimming. I left the brisket on the smoker a little too long. I need to trust my equipment more. This particular brisket felt probe tender around 195 in the flat but I was skeptical. I let go to about 200. It’s a bit over cooked in the sense that it’s falling apart a little when sliced. I’m not getting a clean slice. All in all good enough for me. Taste is what I’m after anyway.

Attachments

• FE4F85E6-6EDD-4290-90D1-5E83B2DAFC64.jpeg
    FE4F85E6-6EDD-4290-90D1-5E83B2DAFC64.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 160
  • 9B66CA3C-AE72-4B28-BF94-5F939527B947.jpeg
    9B66CA3C-AE72-4B28-BF94-5F939527B947.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 109
And no invite? LOL.. JK.. That does look amazing!

You did a great first! Enjoy and remember what you want to change next time (if any). Most flats finish out at 200-203*, so you were right on. A little crumble at the edges is really perfect for me. That means tender!

Unless you are doing a competition, who cares how it cuts. I usually go around 18+ hours on my briskets. Of course I do mine on a stick burner for 5 to 7 hours and then move to the bull to finish it off. I like a lot more smoke flavor than you can get with the bull. I'm also not a big trimmer. Sometimes I just take it out of the package, season it and throw it on the smoker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back