First beef ribs

BigFish

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Come on now...Brontosaurus Ribs. I finally found them. Don't laugh, I'm in Florida and hard to get. USDA Choice Black Angus Beef Ribs - Fresh, never frozen. Going in the RT-590 this weekend with just salt, pepper, and a beef injection.

Any pointers, temps, method?

Attachments

• Beef1.jpg
    Beef1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • Beef3.jpg
    Beef3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 72
  • Beef4.jpg
    Beef4.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 75
  • bronto.jpg
    bronto.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 82
Best piece of smoked meat IMHO. My suggestion would be to skip the injection. This cut of meat has a LOT of marbling and really good beef flavor so doesn’t need the added liquid. Just my two cents.

Tried them for the first time last weekend. 5-6 hours at 225 until they were about 185 internally. Wrapped in butcher paper for the last hour at 275 and let them sit for an hour afterward. Rub was salt, pepper, and paprika (maybe a little cumin?). No injection. Came out great. Super easy.

I agree on skipping the injection. I've done a bunch of beef ribs and they came out amazing with Rectecs Joe coffee Rub....although discontinued. I've even did some marinated in teriyaki, then smoked and finished them off with a Mongolian beef sauce and it was awesome as well.

Tips:
- Don't remove membrane
- No need to wrap
- Cook @225° to internal of 200°

They came out great. I used Everglades seasoning and no injection. They were a hit and came out perfect. I even found a supplier @$3.99 lb.

Attachments

• IMG_20211219_161540.jpg
    IMG_20211219_161540.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
They came out great. I used Everglades seasoning and no injection. They were a hit and came out perfect. I even found a supplier @$3.99 lb.

Ok... I'll bite (pun intended).. Where is this supplier @$3.99 lb.?

Nice.. have one within reasonable distance to me but can't join :( ..
I paid $7.99lb for these at Sam's Club (which is a good price). They never have them when you go in and shop. I ordered online and picked them up curbside the next day. I shop at Restaurant Depot under my Brother's account. Top quality and their prices can't be beat.

I agree on skipping the injection. I've done a bunch of beef ribs and they came out amazing with Rectecs Joe coffee Rub....although discontinued. I've even did some marinated in teriyaki, then smoked and finished them off with a Mongolian beef sauce and it was awesome as well.

Tips:
- Don't remove membrane
- No need to wrap
- Cook @225° to internal of 200°
How long does it usually take?

According to Restaurant Depot’s website if you don’t qualify for a membership you can get a day pass. Has anyone done this? Are the prices just higher?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back