Bull First All Night Brisket Smoke

Jack

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I’m doing my first all night brisket and picked up a full packer from the local meat market. After trimming off a good 5 pounds of fat I noticed that the flat is only maybe an inch thick. Oh well, we’ll see how it goes. I put it on at 9:30 at 225 with the probes in each end. I’ll check on it around 6 AM. I plan to wrap it in butcher paper at 165 degrees or so.
Mellow Wille Nelson standards help the tenderizing process don’t they? Stardust and Georgia On My Mind and a glass of rye are helping me not to stress about the cook anyway....

Jack

Please post your results. I plan on doing many overnight cooks, it's one of the main reasons I decided to go with a pellet grill. Easily prepare the larger cuts of meat the night before for Friday's afternoon lunch at work for everyone. Not to mention having folks over for parties on the weekend and having all your meat done and ready whenever you need it to be.Without making people wait for hours eat!

I’m doing my first all night brisket and picked up a full packer from the local meat market. After trimming off a good 5 pounds of fat I noticed that the flat is only maybe an inch thick. Oh well, we’ll see how it goes. I put it on at 9:30 at 225 with the probes in each end. I’ll check on it around 6 AM. I plan to wrap it in butcher paper at 165 degrees or so.
Mellow Wille Nelson standards help the tenderizing process don’t they? Stardust and Georgia On My Mind and a glass of rye are helping me not to stress about the cook anyway....

Jack
You are on the right track. You might be missing a good cigar but no stress is the way to go. The bull does a great overnight cook. I tend to keep the temp. like you, a little t lower than i might when awake. I usually go at 225-230 over night. Once up i the am, depending on how its going, stall, bark, i increase temp to 250-270. Enjoy. ??

Hi All My 1st on the 590 ..I wrapped the brisket in butcher paper at the 6.5 hr mark temp was 165 I was suprised how great the bark looked. Smoking at 225-250 with Lumber Jack Hickory Pellets.
The 7 lbs brisket part flat & point. @ 225 for 10 hrs came out just OK..Could have been taster .Bark was decent. Flat kinda dry, might have been over cooked some.
The 590 really holds temps really good. The App worked good,I was able to change the smoker temps while still in bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20200503_181200572.jpg
    IMG_20200503_181200572.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
  • VID_20200503_174259247.mp4
    14.3 MB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigfishri
Back