Sold / Found Feeler: RT-700 with Comp Cart, Smoke Box, Front Shelf, and cover (smoke box) PNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrautBurner

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-300
located in Sequim, Wa (west of Seattle)

I'm wanting to step up to a BFG
my Bull is about 1.5 years old, works great
has been rock solid for many many cooks (including a bunch of overnight cooks) all without issue

what should I ask for it?

would any in the PNW be interested?

@KrautBurner, that sounds like a well-equipped RT-700 and I’m not sure how much you would gain going with the RT-1250/BFG. The two units are the same overall size as I understand it and not much difference in functionality.

Selling a used grill, even a well-maintained one, results in a pretty big hit to the wallet. That said, here’s what I think regarding pricing. At current pricing, you have a new price of about $2,340, not including tax and shipping. My rule of thumb is to not pay more than 60% of the new price for anything used; less if it is not pretty much “as-new.” Others may be a bit more generous, but probably not by much.

So, with a new price of $2,340 and using my formula above, I think you are looking at about a maximum price of $1,400 for your year-and-a-half-old RT-700 with all the bells and whistles. If I were in your shoes, that would give me pause since you will not be gaining much functionality.

You might consider selling your bare RT-700 and keeping the comp cart, smokebox, shelf and cover for use on a new RT-1250/BFG. I think all those accessories will fit the RT-1250/BFG. That would, at least, avoid the depreciation on those items. And, you may be able to get $700-900 locally for your bare RT-700.

Just a thought. Good luck.

@Jim6820 the 1250 and BFG are two different grills. The BFG is substantially larger than the 700/1250. I believe the BFG is also listed as a 2500.
Ahhh, right you are. Sorry for the confusion. That’s why I like model numbers rather than names. Checking the Recteq website, I see that the “BFG” is the RT-2500. So, @KrautBurner, please disregard my comments regarding re-using the RT-700 accessories. I do think my pricing guidelines are still pretty close, but your reason for selling is now more understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPBrew
Back