Sold / Found Feeler: RT-700 with Comp Cart, Smoke Box, Front Shelf, and cover (smoke box) PNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrautBurner

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. RT-300
located in Sequim, Wa (west of Seattle)

I'm wanting to step up to a BFG
my Bull is about 1.5 years old, works great
has been rock solid for many many cooks (including a bunch of overnight cooks) all without issue

what should I ask for it?

would any in the PNW be interested?

@KrautBurner, that sounds like a well-equipped RT-700 and I’m not sure how much you would gain going with the RT-1250/BFG. The two units are the same overall size as I understand it and not much difference in functionality.

Selling a used grill, even a well-maintained one, results in a pretty big hit to the wallet. That said, here’s what I think regarding pricing. At current pricing, you have a new price of about $2,340, not including tax and shipping. My rule of thumb is to not pay more than 60% of the new price for anything used; less if it is not pretty much “as-new.” Others may be a bit more generous, but probably not by much.

So, with a new price of $2,340 and using my formula above, I think you are looking at about a maximum price of $1,400 for your year-and-a-half-old RT-700 with all the bells and whistles. If I were in your shoes, that would give me pause since you will not be gaining much functionality.

You might consider selling your bare RT-700 and keeping the comp cart, smokebox, shelf and cover for use on a new RT-1250/BFG. I think all those accessories will fit the RT-1250/BFG. That would, at least, avoid the depreciation on those items. And, you may be able to get $700-900 locally for your bare RT-700.

Just a thought. Good luck.

@Jim6820 the 1250 and BFG are two different grills. The BFG is substantially larger than the 700/1250. I believe the BFG is also listed as a 2500.
Ahhh, right you are. Sorry for the confusion. That’s why I like model numbers rather than names. Checking the Recteq website, I see that the “BFG” is the RT-2500. So, @KrautBurner, please disregard my comments regarding re-using the RT-700 accessories. I do think my pricing guidelines are still pretty close, but your reason for selling is now more understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back