Stampede Fan cycles on and off every few seconds

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I preheated my Stampede to 225. It reads 225 and I put some ribs in a roast on it. 20 minutes later I checked the temp and it was 380. My app keeps turning itself back on immediately after I turn it off. I closed the app and reopened it. Went outside and turn the machine off and the fan operates normally. I should have said when I try to start it the fan Cycles on and off every few seconds. What's going on?

The fan cycling on and off is normal for a low temp cook. It’s trying to give enough oxygen to keep pellets going without stoking them too much. What is the ambient temperature where your are? If it is warm you may need to lower your feed rate to slow the feed of pellets to make it easier for the controller to maintain the 225. Try adjusting the feed rate to 3.5 and don’t worry about the fan cycling. Good luck!

When you started the grill was the cover open?

The fan cycling on and off is normal for a low temp cook. It’s trying to give enough oxygen to keep pellets going without stoking them too much. What is the ambient temperature where your are? If it is warm you may need to lower your feed rate to slow the feed of pellets to make it easier for the controller to maintain the 225. Try adjusting the feed rate to 3.5 and don’t worry about the fan cycling. Good luck!
But 379f when set at 225 is problem. I've open and close the app a few times and gone outside and turn the unit on and off over time a couple times. It now seems to be functioning properly but it's still very early in the cook

Lowering the feed rate should help with spiking temps when you are trying to keep the temp low.

Going to do that. And the ambient temperature is 76 and everything is working properly now. We are in the desert west of Las Vegas, so heat is a given. I got this as a Christmas present so have not had experience working in hot ambient temperatures.

When you started the grill was the cover open?
Nope
After an interesting start it all went to normal. Roast is currently at about 175, wrapped, and the ribs were delicious!

Attachments

• 20210418_191600.jpg
    20210418_191600.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
Looks pretty good. It stalled around 150. I raised the temp to 240 and it broke in a short time. Went back to 230 until taking it off at 189.

Attachments

• 20210418_201826.jpg
    20210418_201826.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
Glad it all worked out. Looks delicious!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back