RT-1250 Estes delivered ... Not!

They still have all your information. But does suck that you have to email them to see your order history prior to Oct 27th 2021

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-091448_recteq.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-091448_recteq.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 90
Estes is Garbage. My unit was 90 miles from my house for 2 weeks and it took me calling Estes and recteq somewhere around 10 times over 7 days to get it resolved and finally delivered. I even tried to go and pick it up, but I couldn’t get 2 people at Estes to agree on where it was being held. But happy as a pig in mud now that it’s here.

I had an Estes driver call me and tell me that I could pick up my item at Sam's club, some 20 minutes from my house. It wasn't heavy, just bulky. Glad I didn't need anything heavy shipped!

Walmart used to go out of its way to help customers. if you lost your keys to the car a manager might drive you home. Then Sam Walton died. Has Recteq lost its great CS guy?

Walmart used to go out of its way to help customers. if you lost your keys to the car a manager might drive you home. Then Sam Walton died. Has Recteq lost its great CS guy?

Just called good ole American Greed.. They got a taste of big $$ and that is what happens.

I just got an email saying it's been delivered.
Not in my driveway.
Do they send out emails before it's actually delivered?
That means it got deliver to their warehouse, now it will be a couple more days, and they will call you now. Not RecTec

My experience with Estes was they did not make the final leg oif the delivery. They take it so far and then contract out the part to your house. When I called Estes they gave me phone number of other company. I called to make sure they were still coming. The did and I met them with the JD 2025 and some forks. The put it on the forks and i set it on the back porch

Well I finally received my 1250 yesterday! All is good no damage. I put it together and did two burnin’s. Everything worked perfectly. It connected right up to my WiFi and app worked perfectly, even the graphing worked perfectly. I did my first cook today with eight chicken thighs and they turned out great. Juicy,tender and crispy skin with just a temperature bump right at the end to get an internal temp. of 170. Started at 200 for about an hour then to 250 for another hour and a half. Then turned up to 400 for about ten minutes to get 170 degrees internal. I checked the temperature with my ink bird and readout from prob A and B are dead on. I was surprised because of all the problems that I’ve read about here but everything worked perfectly. So my new grilling cry is mess with the bull and you get the horn’s. Happy smoking !

I do like the recteq products but other than that they sure have a lot to learn. Estes just plain sucks and recteq knows it. They have been informed of this by me and all they say is they use the top 5 delivery services. Yea sure you do. You use the cheapest.
I had a very similar experience with Estes. Long story short they sent me a text today with a scheduled delivery for Tuesday with a 4 hour window and promised a call from the driver 30 minutes in advance. I think someone got on their butts because I was told last week that they didn’t call anymore. All I know is my order was placed on Friday the 15th and the new delivery date is the 2nd. But at least now I know when it’s going to be here and I can stop watching the driveway.
Delivery dates that I was given never held water.

Here we go, second day in a row that Estes pushed my delivery back. Had I known of these issues I would have bought the Traeger locally.

Here we go, second day in a row that Estes pushed my delivery back. Had I known of these issues I would have bought the Traeger locally.
You may be able to refuse delivery / cancel order and get your Traeger locally. Give it a try, good luck!

Update: The shipment was returned to Estes and handed off to the correct local service. Pallet was delivered on Tuesday. The local delivery guys were great. They called to confirm the night before. Nothing damaged so I was happy about that.

Harry Doss, Shipping Manager from Recteq stepped in and stayed in contact the whole time. He was great. Estes still sucks, but Harry was quite helpful.

The 1250 was everything I thought it would be. This is my 4th pellet grill so I had done my homework.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxBabu
Back