Bull Do people grill in the rain?

Raining here right now and about to throw on a tenderloin. That said, I do keep it covered when not in use and put up a patio umbrella over the controller side because I have found water and electronics don't always play well together.

Raining here right now and about to throw on a tenderloin. That said, I do keep it covered when not in use and put up a patio umbrella over the controller side because I have found water and electronics don't always play well together.
You folks with the RT-700 take a cookie sheet pan and place it on the shelf (above the controller) and move the pan so it's sheltering the controller like a umbrella. That's how I protect Frankenstein.

I cut my teeth with Weber and still own a few myself but don't tell anyone.

When I purchased my propane 6 burner, my old Weber charcoal got shoved to the side. I still kept it for those days I wanted a "nostalgia cook", but it sat mostly covered. Now that I have the 700... my propane will become the new "has been" and I'll probably only keep the charcoal simply because I had one growing up and I feel it's like having a carbureted car in 2021. :LOL::cool::sneaky:

My canopy kept me nice and dry today while making breakfast on my Blackstone, lunch on my Napoleon gasser and the RT for a smoked turkey breast. For me, it doesn't matter what I'm cooking on, its just getting to be outside. My wife especially likes that there aren't any cooking odors to deal with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back