Bullseye Disgusted new owner

Bought a bullseye last month on advice from a friend. Less than satisfied so far with quality control.

1st one came after lengthy shipping delays. Box was destroyed. Had to replace lower grate, hinge and chamber probe. Took another week to get all the parts as the first order only came with 2/3 parts I needed. Took my time to rebuild the product only to find out there is an issue with the igniter. I told customer service I was done repairing it and wanted a replacement. 5 weeks so far and I finally got my replacement. Guess what? Replacement has the meat probe hanging by the cords and the bottom grill is damaged AGAIN! I have now missed labor day cookouts and tomorrow is my wife's birthday. Guess I won't be smoking for that either. Customer service was helpful and friendly. After the customer service rep spoke with his supervisor, here's my options.

1) return both for full refund. I only have 1 box so I'm not sure how that will work.

2) more new parts sent to me and I get to rebuild yet another bullseye for a $100 credit. Gee thanks recteq!

Signed,
Absolutely disgusted
I had a lot of quality issues with my 1250, too. Eventually got a replacement grill but it had just as many issues as my first. There were half a dozen QA stickers on the grill. Wonder what they were QA’ing? Not impressed with recteq.

I bought an RT590 2 years ago and had the same problem. The grill arrived damaged. The box had been hit so hard that it broke the straps securing it to the pallet.

The box had several holes in it with packaging hanging out. It looked to be completely destroyed from the outside. Upon opening I discovered that the bottom shelf was dented, the grill door was dented and paint chipped off and numerous scratches on the stainless.

Talked with Customer Support and they sent a new shelf and door. I was so excited to try this thing that I didn't opt to send this one back for a replacement...I should have.

It never worked right out of the box. Wild temp swings so they sent me a new temp probe and PID. Didn't help so they had me change some settings. That seemed to help some but my next 2 major cooks were ruined because of this thing acting up.

First was on Thanksgiving 2 years ago. It just wouldn't keep the temp I set at 225 degrees so I put it in my trusty old Pit Boss pellet grill to try and save it. It did keep a consistent temp but turkey was done way too soon and ended up being very dry.

Second time, and the straw that broke the camels back, was on Christmas. I have always done a large prime rib roast. Again, the RecTeq would not keep a steady temp of 225 degrees and kept going into the mid and high 300 degree range.

Bottom line is it cooked my very expensive prime rib roast 2 hours ahead of schedule and was way over done. That was it for me. I have tried selling it here in Maine cheaply but no buyers. So, I have a useless piece of stainless steel that is only good for a lobster boat anchor...but it's not heavy enough.

Maybe I can use it for target practice...

Like others have said, the Customer Service guys couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I just think the quality of the product doesn't meet the claims they are making. Just my opinion from my personal experience.

I bought an RT590 2 years ago and had the same problem. The grill arrived damaged. The box had been hit so hard that it broke the straps securing it to the pallet.

The box had several holes in it with packaging hanging out. It looked to be completely destroyed from the outside. Upon opening I discovered that the bottom shelf was dented, the grill door was dented and paint chipped off and numerous scratches on the stainless.

Talked with Customer Support and they sent a new shelf and door. I was so excited to try this thing that I didn't opt to send this one back for a replacement...I should have.

It never worked right out of the box. Wild temp swings so they sent me a new temp probe and PID. Didn't help so they had me change some settings. That seemed to help some but my next 2 major cooks were ruined because of this thing acting up.

First was on Thanksgiving 2 years ago. It just wouldn't keep the temp I set at 225 degrees so I put it in my trusty old Pit Boss pellet grill to try and save it. It did keep a consistent temp but turkey was done way too soon and ended up being very dry.

Second time, and the straw that broke the camels back, was on Christmas. I have always done a large prime rib roast. Again, the RecTeq would not keep a steady temp of 225 degrees and kept going into the mid and high 300 degree range.

Bottom line is it cooked my very expensive prime rib roast 2 hours ahead of schedule and was way over done. That was it for me. I have tried selling it here in Maine cheaply but no buyers. So, I have a useless piece of stainless steel that is only good for a lobster boat anchor...but it's not heavy enough.

Maybe I can use it for target practice...

Like others have said, the Customer Service guys couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. I just think the quality of the product doesn't meet the claims they are making. Just my opinion from my personal experience.
You can always sell it for parts. I'd be interested in the controller.

Sorry you had that experience.

I got my Bullseye in July of 2020. Mine did some with a dent and the box was banged up a lot. I called and they offered me grill grates and the griddle instead of a new grill which I agreed to because the dent didn't affect the grill.

I've been super happy with my Bullseye. I use it 3 to 5 times a week. I don't have any issues with holding low temps or maintaining high temps.

As RecTeq has gotten bigger, I've seen more and more complaints and I'm not even on facebook any longer so I wonder what it looks like in the RecTeq groups on there. I know the RecTeq folks would monitor those groups.

RecTeq is probably the best customer service I've ever delt with. But they aren't perfect and can't make everyone happy. Regardless, almost always from what I heard, RecTeq does their best to make the situation right.

I know you're done with the grill but some has even called Ray himself when an issue isn't being resolved. But again, sorry about your experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew550
Back