RT-1250 Delivered Yesterday

Trouthead

Truck driver texted, called, and rang the bell at approx. 8 AM. Some freight damage to hinges and pellet hopper cover, and a 4 inch scrape on the pellet hopper. I have not had a chance to call RECTEQ, but noted it on the freight bill and have pictures. The nice stainless steel hopper cover has a peak in it from the damage. Anyhow, assembly went OK with a couple of errors on my part, and directions that could have been a bit clearer. Wish all hardware was stainless and would pay more for that as an option, also needs to have better than phillips head fasteners. Like many items from China, there were different sized bolts when there could have been just one size. Burn in was uneventful and it came up to 400 degrees pretty fast, (around 15 minutes). Setting up the phone app went pretty smooth, once I got the right wifi password for my system. After an hour of burn in I powered it down and it cooled off with no issues. All looks pretty good and certainly a big step up from my 10 year old Lousiana smoker. Temps ranged from 399-402. Will try a greasy cook tomorrow and then a pork shoulder. Looking forward to some good eating.

Sucks you had damage. I just got mine delivered but can’t assemble until after the new year. Was a little bit of damage but I don’t think it affected my grill. I’ll know in a few weeks when I can finally assemble it. What did the damage look like. Pictures?

One cook, one hopper fire. Burned in yesterday with no issues, one hour at 400 degrees then shut off. Today did chicken thighs at 400 for approx 45 minutes, shut down and went to check the smoker about 15 minutes later and smoke was coming out of the hopper and it was pretty warm down in the pellets. Turned it back on to 300 degrees and let it stabilize. Then went down 25 degrees every 10 minutes or so. So far the pellets are cool and no smoke. Shouldn't this be some sort of easy programing fix for RECTEQ? I can live with this but it strikes me as pretty dangerous. Also the chicken thighs were great. Only had skinless ones at the store and they were still good. Will post again after more cooks.

Sucks you had damage. I just got mine delivered but can’t assemble until after the new year. Was a little bit of damage but I don’t think it affected my grill. I’ll know in a few weeks when I can finally assemble it. What did the damage look like. Pictures?
Damn I hate that. I got mine last week and it was no damage at all. Driver even helped me move it to where I wanted it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back