RT-1070 Corned beef on 1070

okie

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1070
4.5 vac sealed corned beef brisket flat. Opened package, rinsed and patted dry, added the spice packet. 1070 set to 275*. Smoked for 3 hrs, no peeking. Then into an aluminum pan with 1/4" of beer. Covered with foil, and back in pit until internal temp 203* and tender to probe. Out and rested for 30 minutes. Thin sliced, and served with mustard, and boiled cabbage. Simple dinner, but very good. Frozen leftover for two more meals. Wife loved it!

IMG_1786.jpeg

IMG_1787.jpeg

IMG_1788.jpeg

One of my favorite cooks. Nicely done.

Brining/corning your own is kind of a fun project as well, but time consuming and you need lots of fridge space.

4.5 vac sealed corned beef brisket flat. Opened package, rinsed and patted dry, added the spice packet. 1070 set to 275*. Smoked for 3 hrs, no peeking. Then into an aluminum pan with 1/4" of beer. Covered with foil, and back in pit until internal temp 203* and tender to probe. Out and rested for 30 minutes. Thin sliced, and served with mustard, and boiled cabbage. Simple dinner, but very good. Frozen leftover for two more meals. Wife loved it!

View attachment 18587

View attachment 18588

View attachment 18589

Major bummer!!! I just got back from my local Costco where I went--primarily--to stock up on SRF corned beef prior to St. Paddy's Day (which is tomorrow) and they were SOLD OUT. The young lady at the meat counter said "They were really popular this year!" No joke; sold out prior to St. Patrick's Day! She didn't have much hope that they would get any more of them in any time soon--probably next year at about this time. They did have a few of the Shenson brand corned beef, but not many. I'm not impressed with them and didn't buy any.

I still have two SRFs in the freezer, but was looking forward to adding a half-dozen more. I should have bought more last week when I picked up the three. If you are feeling lucky, you might check your local Costco SOON to see if they have any left in the meat case. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that @Jim6820 . I outsourced and made my son in law go to the Costco in his area. I now have two to try experiment with if it ever stops raining this year. I haven't ever tried the "round" before (or SRF for that matter). Looking forward to seeing how they stack up to the couple of home-corned briskets I did last year from scratch.

FYI, the Costco price for Snake River Farms was dramatically cheaper than attempting to order directly from SRF.

FYI, the Costco price for Snake River Farms was dramatically cheaper than attempting to order directly from SRF.
Absolutely! Ordering direct from SRF is kind of a deal breaker for me on corned beef except for a very special occasion. From Costco, I stock the freezer whenever I can.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back