RHEINLEIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
I had just ordered my first bag of Cookin' Pellets PM (perfect mix). These pellets consist of four woods; Hickory, Cherry, Hard Maple and Apple.
I've often wondered , when someone tells me they mix multiple different varietal wood pellets into their own blend, what is the result? Or potential temperature swing?

Because with a pellet grill there is a high probability that the auger may gulp a handful of lets say hickory, then some apple wood, causing confusion for the PID feed rate.

So, I gave Cookin' Pellets a call to ask how these PM pellets are made?
Do they mix pellets of each variety into a blend at bagging time?

She replied with just what I wanted to hear! She told me No, No, we mix the raw wood into our special mix (recipe) before pelletizing, so each pellet is a blended pellet. The result is a pellet that burns consistently and evenly throughout your cook.

What are the odds someone answers the phone and has complete knowledge of their product and can explain it to their customer? Outstanding!

I am excited to try these pellets.

How's the pricing? In my formative days, I ordered 40# of Cookin' Pellets off of Amazon. I didn't think much about it. The pellets were fine. Then I realized that the ones I ordered must have been gold plated as they were well over double the price I've paid for most other brands. It was probably my dumb luck for not paying attention at Amazon pricing, but still curious.

I had just ordered my first bag of Cookin' Pellets PM (perfect mix). These pellets consist of four woods; Hickory, Cherry, Hard Maple and Apple.
I've often wondered , when someone tells me they mix multiple different varietal wood pellets into their own blend, what is the result? Or potential temperature swing?

Because with a pellet grill there is a high probability that the auger may gulp a handful of lets say hickory, then some apple wood, causing confusion for the PID feed rate.

So, I gave Cookin' Pellets a call to ask how these PM pellets are made?
Do they mix pellets of each variety into a blend at bagging time?

She replied with just what I wanted to hear! She told me No, No, we mix the raw wood into our special mix (recipe) before pelletizing, so each pellet is a blended pellet. The result is a pellet that burns consistently and evenly throughout your cook.

What are the odds someone answers the phone and has complete knowledge of their product and can explain it to their customer? Outstanding!

I am excited to try these pellets.
Amazon builds the cost of shipping into their pricing. Prime members don't pay for shipping twice. Any bulky items, such as pellets will always be pricy on Amazon.

I have used Cooking Pellets for several years and very happy with them. I have run them through Traeger, Louisiana Grills, and RecTeq pellet grills with no issues. You will find there is very little "dust" in the bags if the bags have not been banged around a lot.

The "Perfect Mix" is a good blend for poultry, pork, and fish. I like the 100% Hickory for red meats.

Check this site: https://cookinpellets.com/dealers/ to locate a dealer near you. I am lucky to have one about six miles away. I forget what the pricing is but is very reasonable for a 100% flavor wood product.

Let us know how they work out.
I smoked a chicken this afternoon using Cookin’ pellets - perfect mix.(my first bag).
The aroma and flavor were so clean and genuine.
Absolutely delicious meal.

This will be the only pellet I will buy in the future, they are that impressive.
Tomorrow I’ll give away my Troeger pellet stash
If you haven’t I recommend you buy a sack and see for yourself.
Honestly I did not know a pellet grill chicken could be this good and I’ve used a pellet grill since 2015.

The worldwide dealer map for CookinPellets plots the nearest one over 100 miles from me. Guess I'll just enjoy the reviews of the few who use these pellets. Amazon price is way beyond what I'm willing to pay for pellets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back