Considering a 410

Wadehouse

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Thinking about buying a 410 for my daughter and son-in-law as a wedding gift. If you have one what are your thoughts and experiences?

I own a 340 but see the 410 has the same 7” door head clearance, that’s the only con to my smoker as far as I’m concerned. Can’t do turkeys without spatchcocking, beer can chickens don’t fit either. If I were to buy one again I’d go to the 590 just for that reason, so that’d be my recommendation.

I’ve had a Trailblazer/RT-340 (same size as the 410) for a couple of years and it has been big enough for what I do. We are just two people in our household and I rarely cook for larger groups. I can easily do a 14# brisket or 3-4 racks of ribs in the RT-340, so can easily cook for 6-8 people without much strain.

Now, if there’s a chance that you may want to cook for a larger group at any point, then I would go with the recommendation of others above; go with the RT-590 or RT-700 (or their cabinet versions: 1070 & 1270). You can always cook less in the bigger units, but you can cook more in the smaller ones.

I would go with the 590. A little larger is ok. You can cook whole meals on it better than the 410. I have compared them side by side at the showroom and I like the headroom of the 590.

I have a 700 and my inside oven is now relegated to being a pots & pans storage unit :D:D

I would go with the 590. A little larger is ok. You can cook whole meals on it better than the 410. I have compared them side by side at the showroom and I like the headroom of the 590.

I have a 700 and my inside oven is now relegated to being a pots & pans storage unit :D:D
Headroom cannot be overemphasized. I love cooking on my wife’s 340, but there are some items that don’t fit or get burned on top because of limited headroom. If I had no grills today and were shopping for ONE new recteq, the 590/1070 grills would be at the top of my list, for a small to medium family.

Thinking about buying a 410 for my daughter and son-in-law as a wedding gift. If you have one what are your thoughts and experiences?
I bought a 410 a month ago.
Totally love it. I sold my 3 year old 700 then bought the 410.
I can fit two 14# turkeys no problem. (Smaller turkeys are more tender in my opinion)

Compared to the bull , the 410 heats much more evenly due to the rear vents as opposed to a smokestack at one end, leaving the opposite end cooler. Fuel usage with the 410 is probably half.
Cleaning the 410 is so much faster to manage, and one grill surface to clean.

Very happy with my decision.

So I bought the 410 for my daughter and son-in-law for their wedding gift today. Now I need to teach the boy to make bbq. Has anyone added a diy front shelf? If so, please share details.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back