Connectivity

MarkCook

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
So, we have a new internet provider and new router with a new name and password. The router is 2.4 ghz. I cannot connect with the unit. I believe the unit is still only recognizing the old password. Rec Teq's Tech said something about resetting my password with the internet provider. I don't know anything but that's not going to work. Is there a reset on the controller? I tried deleting my app and starting over but that apparently takes 10 days. I even had my son-in-law, download the app on his phone to see if he could connect, to no avail. I hate not being able to use my app. Any advise out there. Thanks

So, we have a new internet provider and new router with a new name and password. The router is 2.4 ghz. I cannot connect with the unit. I believe the unit is still only recognizing the old password. Rec Teq's Tech said something about resetting my password with the internet provider. I don't know anything but that's not going to work. Is there a reset on the controller? I tried deleting my app and starting over but that apparently takes 10 days. I even had my son-in-law, download the app on his phone to see if he could connect, to no avail. I hate not being able to use my app. Any advise out there. Thanks
You may have been through this but this could help. So,as I remember I had to use my credintials for my home net work which would be different after changing over unless you have the same router and setting. Good luck.
https://support.recteq.com/hc/en-us/articles/4417626452507-Still-Not-Connecting

Are you sure it is a 2.4ghz only router? I haven't seen one of those in many years. I would hope your provider is giving out better routers than that to their customers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobondur
Back