Bull Competition Cart Question

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Does the competition cart completely replace the stock legs? I.E., to install the competition cart, do you remove the stock legs?

Yep. If you purchase a package with the Comp Cart, you still get legs in the package (they don't come attached).

If you purchase the Comp Cart after as an add-on, you'll remove the legs and put the grill on the cart (also transplant the front shelf if you have one).

Found a video they have about it:

Last edited:
One further question. I ordered the competition cart yesterday, and my Bull is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I assume the cart will arrive in about a week. I know I should wait for the cart to arrive to assemble the Bull; but if I get so excited that I cannot wait and assemble it with the stock legs, how much trouble it is to convert to the cart? Can I simply unbolt the legs while the smoker is standing up and lift the cooker over to the cart? Or must flip it on its back and reverse the assembly of the stock legs?

Definitely assemble with the stock legs so you can use the grill. When the competition cart arrives just unbolt the stock legs and 2 people can easily lift the grill to place it on the competition cart, no need to place it on its back but I do recommend removing as much as possible to make lighter. Only take one bolt out of each leg and loosen the other ones, the grill will start to get wobbly and best to have someone hold each end of the grill. I transferred my grill over using a couple of ratchet straps around the grill hooked to a come along that was attached to a over head beam on the porch. Made it a one person job doing it this way.

Last edited:
If you have lots of friends to help whenever, then start with the stock legs, BUT if hard to find help wait until you get the comp cart, just much easier.. Just remember "Think Twice and bolt once" one or two bolts you will need to think about before you tighten up...And I love my comp cart.... You DUN good..

Does the competition cart completely replace the stock legs? I.E., to install the competition cart, do you remove the stock legs?
Will the competition cart fit the 590 and or the 700? Or are they 2 different carts?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back