Bull Cold weather cover

Sdyork

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Can you use this cold weather cover all year round? What it help temperatures get hotter in the summer? Would it create damage to the pellet grill leaving it on all summer? Any benefits to leaving it on all summer or any negatives??

@Sdyork I don't have the official recteq cold weather cover for my rt-700 bull, but I do use a welding blanket and I have used it during warmer weather as well if I'm in a hurry. Putting that over the grill will does make a big difference in both cold and warm weather getting it up to temp quickly.

I can't think of any real negatives, maybe holding colder temps but I would think the controller could easily adjust for that as well. Might be worth calling customer service and reporting back, but I don't think you'd run much of a risk keeping it on.

Received our Cold Weather Cover the other day
Mine doesn't quite fit correctly between the Back of the Grill and the Hopper, but we got'er on
We also bought the Sear Kit on that order
Looking to used them both this weekend

I have the cold weather cover - but it says it's only rated up to 350f? Has anyone taken it above that and what problems did you have? I was thinking about putting a welding blanket between the cover & the lid - as an additional protection if the 350f is a real limit for the cover. I live in MN and don't want to take it off every time I use it for hi temp cooking this winter

We haven't see any real cold temps yet here in Northern Utah, but we have see a lot of below freezing temps We have done a few overnight cooks and it held set cook temp all night, even with Temps in the lower teen overnight
Remember, the RT Winter Cover is only on the Top, Lid and Front of the Smoker .... Not the Ends or Bottom
If
we had a super cold "Norther" blow directly onto that north facing end, we could see a temp issue, given the Internal Temp Probe is on that end of the Unit

As for cooks over 350 .... we've smoked Poppa Murphy's Pizzas at 425 for the required 18 mins, with a pre-heat to 450 without any noticeable issues
But mind you, that's for less than a half-hour !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back