Stampede Cold Outside Temps and trouble reaching set temp

FWIW, I permanently killed a set of magnets when used to hold the cover in place when doing a pizza at max high temp.

Don't recall the exact temp that kills them when I looked it up, but it was mid 400's somewhere.

FWIW, I permanently killed a set of magnets when used to hold the cover in place when doing a pizza at max high temp.

Don't recall the exact temp that kills them when I looked it up, but it was mid 400's somewhere.
I don't use the blanket unless in low 20's and windy when cooking at 225. Have not de-magnetized them after multiple uses. Plenty more where those came from if they do.

Was 40 deg. in Atlanta last night and was trying to do Smash burgers but could not get the RT-590 up to 450 deg. for searing to save my life. Highest I could get was 375 after about 45 mins, but that didn't sear very well. Finally just had to go with what I had and leave them on longer. Any tips for getting up to higher temps when it's cold outside?
Same problem here.

Whats your feed rate set at? Increase it by 2pts and see what happens with max temp

Hi, I got a 590 and just did my second cook of chicken wings. I started as the sun was setting and it was 39 degrees and dropping outside. Started the grill at 250 and then later bumped to 405 to finish the cook. The 590 took about 20min to get from 250 to 405 but it got there and held steady. I didn’t adjust anything from the defaults and I was using Pitboss hickory pellets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back