Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
  3. Trailblazer
  4. Matador
  5. WyldSide
So, this has nothing to do with cooking on any pellet grill/smoker, but indulge me for a moment if you will. Five years ago I met the amazing Chef Sarah Bradley from the freight house restaurant in Paducah, KY at a charity event in Hindman, Kentucky called Dumplin’n and Dancing. Since then, Sarah is runner-up on TV’s Top Chef: Kentucky, runner-up in Top Chef: World All-Stars, and winner of Food Network’s series Chopped: All American Showdown. There were some other great chefs there, including multiple James Beard nominee Ouita Michael from Lexington, Katy Startzman from Berea, and Kristen Smith of the Wrigley Tap Room in Corbin.

For my wife and I’s 24th anniversary Friday, we made reservations at the freight house for the tasting menu, 6 courses, over 2.5 hour experience. We were seated at what they call the Chef’s Table, which overlooks the cook station! Needless to say, the food was amazing and was a wonderful experience for all of us. I’d highly recommend the freight house if you are ever near Paducah, KY. First picture with Sarah is from 2018, last picture is the wife and I with Sarah Friday night.

IMG_1561.jpeg
IMG_2026.jpeg
IMG_2038.jpeg

So, this has nothing to do with cooking on any pellet grill/smoker, but indulge me for a moment if you will. Five years ago I met the amazing Chef Sarah Bradley from the freight house restaurant in Paducah, KY at a charity event in Hindman, Kentucky called Dumplin’n and Dancing. Since then, Sarah is runner-up on TV’s Top Chef: Kentucky, runner-up in Top Chef: World All-Stars, and winner of Food Network’s series Chopped: All American Showdown. There were some other great chefs there, including multiple James Beard nominee Ouita Michael from Lexington, Katy Startzman from Berea, and Kristen Smith of the Wrigley Tap Room in Corbin.

For my wife and I’s 24th anniversary Friday, we made reservations at the freight house for the tasting menu, 6 courses, over 2.5 hour experience. We were seated at what they call the Chef’s Table, which overlooks the cook station! Needless to say, the food was amazing and was a wonderful experience for all of us. I’d highly recommend the freight house if you are ever near Paducah, KY. First picture with Sarah is from 2018, last picture is the wife and I with Sarah Friday night.

View attachment 20859View attachment 20860View attachment 20861
I bet it was a great time and good food! Brother you remind me of a Harley rider 🤣

Nice, those low miles add to the value, not that you are selling but any one looking at a show would admire the year and miles.

My ‘09 Ultra , bottom and my ‘14 limited (FLHtk on the top) I was perfectly happy with the ‘09 but Momma saw the ‘14 and started Jonesing about all the passenger updates. The rest is history. My ‘09 had just shy of 60K miles for perspective to @Greg Jones ’72. Due to life my ‘14 only has 25K. I use to average ~10k miles a year. Would have been more but I traveled with extended stays until 2013.

1703534297582.jpeg

1703534405443.jpeg

Last edited:
Great looking bikes. Even though I am not a Harley rider, I do appreciate all motorcycles. Here are my 2 rides

2015 GL1800 (40th Anniversary Edition) - Badlands, SD
Badlands, SD 2016.JPG

2021 GL1800 - Beartooth Hwy, (Wyoming section going toward Montana. Approx 9500ft elevation in June 2022. And yes the lake is still frozen)
DSCF3911.JPG

Harley throws great parties. Won't get into what's better bike-wise, but Harley is the best social club that happens to ride bikes. Lone wolf - any bike will do. Wanna be part of a pack of party animals.... Harley.

This my ride… 2018 Indian Roadmaster. I was looking for a Lazy Boy on wheels and got it. I never even test rode one. I did sit on it. The 950 lbs was almost twice the weight of my previous bike (Honda Shadow 750) and very intimidating at first. I’ve got over 40K miles now. Looking forward to getting over my recent hip replacement and some warmer weather so I can get back to riding.

20180815_132241.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back