Stampede Christmas came early this year!

SmokingHokie

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Bought my Stampede on Black Friday and it was delivered about a week and half later. I was glad to see that the comp cart was free...makes the 590 feel real sturdy now. Prior to burn-in, I installed the FireBlack gasket on the inside of the door. I have the all-weather vent covers but haven't installed them yet. Test fitting reveals how not flush they are. :-(

Everything went together really well and I can't wait to start smoking some meats.

-Bill
20201209_152131.jpg

Nice. Have you used it very much? If so what are your thoughts on it?

I've used the Dot a few times (spatchcock chicken on gas grill), but more recently in our Thanksgiving turkey (in the oven). I did just buy the ambient temp probe to see how the temp tracks with the 590s internal. Also, wanted to double check against our oven, too. I'm happy with it.

Just a heads up on the Dot, of which I have 2. I used one doing a high heat cook and melted or burned the silicone on the probe. Didn't like 500+ at the edge of the heat shield.

Love the look of your Stampede with the HD cart.

Congrats and welcome. I got the same Black Friday deal and went to the showroom to pickup it up last Saturday. I saw quite a few Stampedes going out while I was there. Love the comp cart. I'll be adding a front shelf and a shelf in the bottom of the cart.

Take care, Eric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back