Bullseye Chicken week on the Bullseye 380!!!!

Pops

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Just got my 380 last week and did my first cook yesterday did burgers, which I posted and much thanks to @Sscottfitz. They were outstanding.

Today I did the Easy Peasy Pesto Chicken . I had to watch the video multiple times and email Chef Greg as RecTeq is slow to post recipes. I don't understand why they wont give us the great recipes they do every week instead of having to watching super long videos just to try to glean out a recipe. Also don't know why they don't put recipes in the video. I have asked over and over and I love my 590 and Bullseye. Not sure why they don't want to give raving fans simple recipes? Anyway my rant for today.

I followed the recipe as best I could I put what I did here.

I had 2 chicken breasts from Costco, they were rather large, when I say large they were huge!
Marinated them in Pesto, EVOO and Freakin Greek rub for maybe 4-5 hours in the fridge.

Then later cut up some tomatoes, onion, freaking greek, evoo and balsamic for the bruschetta, mixed and let sit for a few hours.

Cooked on the Bullseye!
Set to 500 and put grill grate on grill side up.
Cooked 5 minutes per side and then put on mozzarella on for 2 minutes, making it 12 minutes!
These were very large breasts, and I did check with my thermopen. Pulled the chicken around 160-165 and let rest under a tent!

After 5 minutes resting, plated and then put on the bruschetta and OMG they were delicious. These were the best chicken breasts I have ever cooked, so juicy and tender, cut with a fork.

Wife roasted up some carrots and brussel sprouts.

All were amazing.

Now my wife wants chicken tomorrow and all of this week! Send any and all recipes!!!

So Far so good on the Bullseye!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3420 2.jpg
    IMG_3420 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3407 3.jpg
    IMG_3407 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I find that dark meat really takes well to the grill. I’ve never had a lot of luck with chicken breast’s. How did the skin turn out?

Costco boneless skinless thighs marinated in trader Joes soyaki or islandaki
Chicken wings
Drumsticks with favorite BBQ sauce

I'm usually at 350 or 400

I find that dark meat really takes well to the grill. I’ve never had a lot of luck with chicken breast’s. How did the skin turn out?
They were boneless and skinless and they were delicious. I have not tried to get crispy chicken on the grill.
I am doing a spatchcocked chicken this week so we will see!

If I want crispy I get fried!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back