Bullseye Cast iron grill grates??

Powercat

Sorry for double posting, I asked this question in a separate thread. But I thought it needed a separate discussion forum.

Question on grates. I had a RecTeq rep advise me today not to use cast iron grates in the Bullseye, because they get so much hotter than stainless, all your temps will be off. I prefer cast iron because I know how to cook on them and I love the grill marks. Anyone have any insight/experience on this?

Last edited:
Didn't see your other post, but FWIW, the Grill Grate brand that is widely available and Recteq also sells is anodized aluminum. It's definitely a different animal than cast iron, but they can be seasoned and work well. In some ways they are easier than cast iron as they obviously don't rust.

I treat them pretty much like I do cast iron periodically cleaning the hell out of them and then re-seasoning. I may not be correct, but so far so good.

I have the Aura cast iron grill grates and they work great! I rarely take it off now and the grill works fine. I'm not sure why they say that. Maybe for an amaetur griller it might be an issue no issues for me. I cooked some awesome chicken thighs on the grill last night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back