Can’t get my Bull connected

Justfishin288

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey everyone,

I’ve read a few posts about WiFi issues and haven't found any information that has resolved my issue. So here’s another post to add to the collection; hopefully it will help someone else one day.

Assembled my grill today and obviously having trouble connecting my Bull. I’ve tried moving my grill within 20ft or so, letting my antenna dangle, made sure I wasn’t using 5g network, uninstalled app & reinstalled, checked location settings, unplugged the grill & plugged it back in, made sure the antenna was plugged in correctly, and disconnected from WiFi from my phone and reconnected standing by my grill to test signal strength, any other ideas???

Thanks!

It looks like you have gone above and beyond to solve the problem...I would say a call to Rec Tec is in order now and let them show you how they go above and beyond as well.

@Justfishin288 - I ran into the same problems as you but when I finally was able to log into my Netgear Smart router and disabled 5.0 that I was able to connect to the Bull. Now app runs perfectly - I can even power on and off. However, and not a rec tec issue, since I went back in and reenabled 5.0, I’m having internet connectivity issues. Luckily I have a friend who’s a lot smarter than I am and he’s gonna help me with that. But hey - who needs Internet when you got a Bull a smokin’ and a cold beer in hand?! Good luck!

Thank you everyone! Love the support.

I tired one more thing that Rec Tec recommends and It connected. I did the “hotspot” test. Took my wife’s phone out and connected to her hotspot and tried the process all over again. BAM, connected. So I may just need a better antenna or an extender. But I have great signal on my phone at the same location as the pit!? Maybe I’m running into the same issue as @Spieri. I have some pretty tech savvy friends that I plan to bother pretty soon.

Thank you everyone! Love the support.

I tired one more thing that Rec Tec recommends and It connected. I did the “hotspot” test. Took my wife’s phone out and connected to her hotspot and tried the process all over again. BAM, connected. So I may just need a better antenna or an extender. But I have great signal on my phone at the same location as the pit!? Maybe I’m running into the same issue as @Spieri. I have some pretty tech savvy friends that I plan to bother pretty soon.
Im glad you were able to get it connected....now get to cooking so we can be jealous of your work!!

Is your location turned on? The app needs it for initial setup. After initial setup you wont need to turn on location

That was the issue that I had...

Is your location turned on? The app needs it for initial setup. After initial setup you wont need to turn on location

That was the issue that I had...

I believe it is. I hear that’s a common occurrence with android/Samsun devices. There isn’t an option on my iPhone to turn location on or off for that particular app.

I think it’s just signal strength. I’ve even tried to disable 5.0 but it still doesn’t connect. Next I will try a WiFi range extender/booster or install a better antenna. If that doesn’t work I guess I’ll start cooking indoors. Lol

Hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed.

Hahah... cooking in the house would definitely make it convenient and make the house smell good haha...

Good luck. I would recommend that you post how you fixed the issue and what type of iPhone your using so others who may have this issue have a way to fix their issue..

Hopefully you'll be able to get it fixed.

Hahah... cooking in the house would definitely make it convenient and make the house smell good haha...

Good luck. I would recommend that you post how you fixed the issue and what type of iPhone your using so others who may have this issue have a way to fix their issue..

Yes! I definitely plan on sharing once I get it figured out for good.

Are you using your internet providers modem/router. Most don’t have a quest channel turned on. Log into your device and turn your guest channel on, reconnect to it.

Any updates?? I just received my 700.....not connecting...Samsung phone, location turned on, grill 17 feet from router, tried connecting to 2.4 and 5, also tried with my wife phone hot spot....nada...checked the antenna its plugged in...I called...waiting for a call back.

Any updates?? I just received my 700.....not connecting...Samsung phone, location turned on, grill 17 feet from router, tried connecting to 2.4 and 5, also tried with my wife phone hot spot....nada...checked the antenna its plugged in...I called...waiting for a call back.

They are probably going to recommend that you get a signal extender/booster. I couldn’t connect from like 12ft away but when I connected the range extender it connected right away!

They are probably going to recommend that you get a signal extender/booster. I couldn’t connect from like 12ft away but when I connected the range extender it connected right away!

Actually.. I just saw the hotspot test didn’t work. I was actually able to connect that way before buying the extender.

So I just got tech support......its working....Here was the solution.....last night I deleted the app and reinstalled this morning before tech support...might have helped....I have 5g/2.4.....when step 2 came up I usually manually selected the 2.4 connection.....it never connected....

The tech suggested that I make sure my CELL PHONE setting was set to 2.4 and not 5g....and when I now went to step 2 the 2.4 connection was showing....it connected from there and all is working. So...instead of manually choosing in step 2 I am guessing that switching my cell phone to 2.4 first did the trick....or it was just deleting and installing the app again....anyway its working.

So I just got tech support......its working....Here was the solution.....last night I deleted the app and reinstalled this morning before tech support...might have helped....I have 5g/2.4.....when step 2 came up I usually manually selected the 2.4 connection.....it never connected....

The tech suggested that I make sure my CELL PHONE setting was set to 2.4 and not 5g....and when I now went to step 2 the 2.4 connection was showing....it connected from there and all is working. So...instead of manually choosing in step 2 I am guessing that switching my cell phone to 2.4 first did the trick....or it was just deleting and installing the app again....anyway its working.

Awesome! Glad you figured it out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back