Camera inside cooking area

sdynak

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Ok so I did some searching here and in general on the internet but other than a quick chat saying how someone would like to figure out a way I'm not coming up with much.

So my question is has anyone in fact found a camera or a way to do this? I put on 2X spatchcocked chickens today as my first of these ever and wish I could watch them. I really don't want to keep opening the lid in the snow and cold even though it is under a bit of cover overhead.

Maybe it is more of a dream than reality? Thoughts?

Enjoy this Super Bowl Sunday and your cooks!

Ok so I did some searching here and in general on the internet but other than a quick chat saying how someone would like to figure out a way I'm not coming up with much.

So my question is has anyone in fact found a camera or a way to do this? I put on 2X spatchcocked chickens today as my first of these ever and wish I could watch them. I really don't want to keep opening the lid in the snow and cold even though it is under a bit of cover overhead.

Maybe it is more of a dream than reality? Thoughts?

Enjoy this Super Bowl Sunday and your cooks!
Haven't seen anything like this for us consumers. I rely on time and temperatures for the cooks out doors and the smoke detector works ok for the ones inside the house. ;)

My cheating opening the lid.. looks like they are on life support LOL!
C09EAAD7-E4AD-464E-BCBA-640DD4362BD1.jpeg

Firehelmet cams are about 220$ as a option$$(they're good for 900°)... But,is it in a RT 700?..Have you thought about measuring the temp at the probe port window?..if it's not terrible you could test run some cheap hd GoPro clones just outside the hole looking in. (Internal lightning on)..Yeah it's take some rigging, but just a suggestion. Where there's a will there's a way*...lol

Last edited:
Odd. I was thinking that it would be interesting to have a camera inside my 590 while I was cooking yesterday. And now since I've seen this thread, it occurs to me, there should be cameras out there that would take the heat, might be in the seven or eight figure range, but if you can afford that, you can afford to put little windshield wipers on them to keep them clear!

My guess is less would be smoke coved in a matter of minutes and be worthless. My glass window on my MES 40 does not stay clear very long at all when.smoke starts rolling.

The firehelmet cams are for firemen, in fires, up to 900°...they work, it's just the matter of if 220$ Is worth it to you to record food...lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back