Cambro or Cooler

Absolutely agree! I have learned a lot from her. We are very fortunate to have her on the forum to keep us all straight.
Agreed! And not just about grilling and barbecue- that sous vide steak recipe of yours is the bomb! Thank you for that!

Beth, I've used both my Cambro and coolers. When I can fill the Cambro, I use it and it works as well as any cooler/towel. I'd use it if you can fill it.

I use a cooler for small amounts, but use a Cambro Front Load GoBox for larger amounts. To extend hold time for the Cambro, I also use 2 - Camwarmers at the bottom. I use a ThermWorks DOT alarm to monitor inside chamber temperatures for the cooler or Cambro and also leave the 4-channel Inkbird probes in the meat to monitor meat temperature.

I use a cooler for small amounts, but use a Cambro Front Load GoBox for larger amounts. To extend hold time for the Cambro, I also use 2 - Camwarmers at the bottom. I use a ThermWorks DOT alarm to monitor inside chamber temperatures for the cooler or Cambro and also leave the 4-channel Inkbird probes in the meat to monitor meat temperature.
@MarkM thank you. What a great suggestion to use the thermometers in the cambro to monitor the temperature of the cambro as well as the meat. I've never done that before. But will definitely do it today. Great idea!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back