Burning and Smoking Pellets

Dvillegas

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Smoked a few times since last week. Cleaned out smoker and about to start on dinner. Saw lots of white smoke. Saw this when opened it up. About to clean it again but wanted to get some experienced replies. Has rained last few days. Smoker was covered. Auger looks charred. Is this normal? I use RT pellets. Nothing else.

Attachments

• 3D5387BD-A695-4714-869C-DBDC8D2553D4.jpeg
    3D5387BD-A695-4714-869C-DBDC8D2553D4.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 258
  • 67E4EB75-4721-4A56-9082-42860C246316.jpeg
    67E4EB75-4721-4A56-9082-42860C246316.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 116
I'm confused by your writeup in relation the the images. Which picture did you see when you opened it up when you were seeing white smoke?

Saw white smoke first. Flame image is what I saw
. I blew it out and removed the smoldering pellets from igniter the. Took second pic.

Can only speak for myself, but my firebox looks like what you have in #2 if I haven't vacuumed it. Maybe a bit more unburned pellets waiting for the next start which could be explained by you having just blown it out.

I get white smoke when it's coming up to temp, do you usually get something else?

Image #1 looks like it didn't start right up and has too many unburned pellets. How long was the grill rying to start?

RT could give you better advise then me, of course you'd have to wait till tomorrow.

I vacuumed it the best I could and sucked out few from the auger. Restarted it and let it burn through white smoke again. Did only for few minutes. Seems fine now. Going in with the tri tip anyway. Thank you for the advice. Very much appreciated. I’ll be calling RT tomorrow.

I vacuumed it the best I could and sucked out few from the auger. Restarted it and let it burn through white smoke again. Did only for few minutes. Seems fine now. Going in with the tri tip anyway. Thank you for the advice. Very much appreciated. I’ll be calling RT tomorrow.

I'd hate to see a smoldering pellet in the vacuum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back