Bullseye Bullseye Temperature Issues

ppirichsr1998

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Temp set at 275, then jumps up to as high as 450. Constant struggle to hold an even temp. What's wrong?

Could be many things but I would start with calling Recteq. They do not respond here nor is this run by them. Others might chime in with their experience.

Sorry I do not have a Bullseye yet but when I contacted them with similar issues for my Bull it was my fault for opening the lid. I should have known better I guess :unsure:.

Could be some of the pellets are too long creating bridges in the hopper which will cut down on pellet delivery and over feeding to compensate.

Are you talking start up or it just randomly went up that high? If that start up, it can jump up high. I always start mine on riot mode and then adjust after like 15 minutes because I'm mostly grilling.

If it randomly is jumping, definitely call RecTeq.

Just had this issue and called customer service….they recommended that I clean all the vents, the mating surface between the lid and body and the temp probe….problem solved
You can't underestimate cleaning the probe and vents

Temp set at 275, then jumps up to as high as 450. Constant struggle to hold an even temp. What's wrong?
Most likely either the controller of the temperature probe or both. This happened on my pellet smoker.
But like others say, Call customer service.

My Bullseye has done this every single time and this is with the top closed so I would not trust this animal for a long smoke. It seems to me that the electronics do not work on this very well and it is quite discouraging to pay for something that is advertised as set and forget . I do not have this problem with my other smoker, it is a different brand though.

My Bullseye has done this every single time and this is with the top closed so I would not trust this animal for a long smoke. It seems to me that the electronics do not work on this very well and it is quite discouraging to pay for something that is advertised as set and forget . I do not have this problem with my other smoker, it is a different brand though.
Mine did that at first, but the PID learned and it seemed ok...until last night.

I started the B380 for a 350 F cook. It got up to temperature fairly quickly, when I went back into the house to get the meat, it started to drop. Over the next 20 minutes it dropped, came back up a bit and then dropped some more. I finally gave up, fired up my 590 and completed the cook. Abet in a time frame my better half did not appreciate.

This morning I emptied the hopper and vacuumed out the bottom. No sign of wet or hardened pellets. The fire pot was almost empty, with a single unburned pellet in it. I used the normal shut down, so I expected a few pellets. When I stuck the vacuum in the augur dump in the fire pit, I could hear flow through the hopper. When I turned the unit on, set to 350, the augur rotated slowly for about 1/2 a turn and stopped. I could wiggle the augur back and forth a bit by hand, so I don't think it is stuck. I've sent an email to Recteq, so we'll see what they have to say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back