Bullseye smokes more than stampede 590

Bcrandall87

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Hi I have owned my 590 for most of a year and usually use a smoke tube with it as it dosnt produce a lot of smoke on its own(maybe more on low) any way I got my bullseye 3 days ago and she smokes like crazy on low, 225, and, 250. Also it’s that really great blue smoke too and it seems like it’s 80 percent of the time it’s billowing. Where my 590 does that initially and periodically threw the cooks. Don’t get me wrong I love my 599 but I’m thinking maybe somethings wrong with her since I’m sure recteq has the same internals in their grills? Any one notice the same or something similar?

Hi I have owned my 590 for most of a year and usually use a smoke tube with it as it dosnt produce a lot of smoke on its own(maybe more on low) any way I got my bullseye 3 days ago and she smokes like crazy on low, 225, and, 250. Also it’s that really great blue smoke too and it seems like it’s 80 percent of the time it’s billowing. Where my 590 does that initially and periodically threw the cooks. Don’t get me wrong I love my 599 but I’m thinking maybe somethings wrong with her since I’m sure recteq has the same internals in their grills? Any one notice the same or something similar?
Also I have used all sorts of pellets, landed on bear mountain as I have had great results with them (Smoke/flavor)

My 590 has plenty of smoke at the lower temps and decent smoke flavoring at the higher temps - RT Ultimate Blend Pellets. I did pork tenderloin this weekend @ 200 3 hours. Nice smoke ring and plenty of smoke taste. Can't see why some need the smoke tube.

I get the most smoke flavor from 100% pellets from lumberjack. My favorite is 100% hickory. These pellets have no base woods and they also include the hickory bark. Unfortunately, you will need to vacuum out the ash every 2 to 3 cooks. i have a 590

I've had no luck with smoke flavor up until I switched to Lumberjack pellets. I used a smoke tube as well with their Supreme Blend and got a real nice smoke profile on the ribs I smoked yesterday. With that said, everyone has a different idea of what "smoke flavor" should be so what works for one may not necessarily be what another is looking for.

Regarding the smoke question of the 590, mine puts out a lot of smoke consistently. It does depend on the temperature and the lower the temp the more smoke you'll get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back