Bullseye Bullseye Lid

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Assembled new Bullseye today as per instructions. I have around a 2” gap between lid and grill body unless I have the hinge screws really loose. Is this normal?

Assembled new Bullseye today as per instructions. I have around a 2” gap between lid and grill body unless I have the hinge screws really loose. Is this normal?
Is the hinge installed correctly?

2E5E7CCD-14D2-4981-B2B3-710E33395116.jpeg

Sure looks wrong to me.

Ok. I appreciate the help and insight. I am not new to rec tec, have had a 680 bull since 2014. It was a simple question that in no way required the condensending replies.
BTW, simple question got a simple reply.
What does a 680 have to do with a 380? It wasn't condescending, it took me 30 seconds to look at the video, give it a try!

BTW, simple question got a simple reply.
What does a 680 have to do with a 380? It wasn't condescending, it took me 30 seconds to look at the video, give it a try!
Just watched video again and not seeing mistake. I appreciate it. Will call rec teq tomorrow.

@Sweeptheleg2021 I’m not seeing it either. Mine looks exactly like yours and it closes fine. If you are binding at the hinge side I’d recommend loosening the screws, lifting the hinge on the drum as high in the slots as you can, tighten those the pull the lid as far back in the slots as you can and tighten those. A little bit of binding at the hinge can cause a fairly significant gap in the front.

Okay, in looking at the picture you sent, I see that the hinge piece attached to the grill body, is crooked on the right side (closest to us in the picture). Please check that -- loosen the screws (3) in the grill body, and reposition the bottom of the hinge. I think that is it.

Okay, in looking at the picture you sent, I see that the hinge piece attached to the grill body, is crooked on the right side (closest to us in the picture). Please check that -- loosen the screws (3) in the grill body, and reposition the bottom of the hinge. I think that is it.
Thank you, will try that today after work.

Since it is not THAT BIG of a pain, I would go ahead and remove the lid, before you messed with the hinge.
Thank you so much for getting me straight. The hinge was off by a frogs hair, straightened that out even and seated the lid back in, tightened everything up and now there is no binding and lid closes all the way.

The picture is what did it for me -- after I enlarged it. After you shared the picture, and if responses had been a little more helpful, you probably would've been able to do the burn-in yesterday. Glad it worked out You're really going to like your Bulls-Eye. From personal experience, keep it out of the rain. Rule #1 -- pellets and water DO NOT mix/play well together...Rip

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back