Bullseye Bullseye Deluxe is a POS

The sad part about my bullseye is that is wouldn't hold temps. They had me adjust the feed rate from 3.0 -25. They kept send ing me bags of pellets because I was burning through them while trying to correct it. Nothing they had me do would work. If it was on 225 it would be at 450, if it was on 350 it would be at 550. The only thing that grill knew was riot mode. It would get to 800 on riot. They all kept telling me there is nothing wrong with the grill. RIGHT! The dump is where that thing needed to be. If anyone wants it I can give you the address of the Oklahoma City dump.
Well, hopefully, sending the grill to the dump made you feel better. IMHO, that wasn’t a very productive way of dealing with the problem.

OTOH, I know a couple of garbage truck drivers that have accumulated a pretty nice collection of stuff as a result of decisions like that.

Well, hopefully, sending the grill to the dump made you feel better. IMHO, that wasn’t a very productive way of dealing with the problem.

OTOH, I know a couple of garbage truck drivers that have accumulated a pretty nice collection of stuff as a result of decisions like that.
My gosh, my first non-farm job was over 50 years ago when I was hired as a trash collector. No modern trash collection at that time-I was in the bed of a dump truck and I would stack the trash as someone on the ground would throw the cans up to me. I saw my share of unspeakable things, but dang, I took hone some cool and functional stuff!

My gosh, my first non-farm job was over 50 years ago when I was hired as a trash collector. No modern trash collection at that time-I was in the bed of a dump truck and I would stack the trash as someone on the ground would throw the cans up to me. I saw my share of unspeakable things, but dang, I took hone some cool and functional stuff!
I must admit I did some very rewarding dumpster diving at a major technology manufacturer. In the day 21” monitors were unheard of for the consumer desk top, I netted 8, two were my gaming monitors.

One man’s trash…….

Hate it went this bad.

My experience is mixed. I use and love the grill but mine came with shipping damage and I've never received a call back after leaving 2 messages during the middle of the day. The box holding the cover had broken open and bent the lip several parts were missing and one box didn't show up for a week. The bags of pellets were broken open on transport as well. I tried two times in two different weeks to get a callback and even sent an email, at that point I fixed the lid as best I could and bought some hardware to put it all together. After a week I had to pull it apart and fix the clean-out mechanism because I couldn't turn it, it had warped. I replaced a few parts that were of horrible quality. In all, I give it 2 stars for the quality of the build and customer service 1 star. Now with it fixed to what it should have been, I give it 4.5 stars. It's never been without a cover and it never should have left the factory the way the ash dump lever was put together but hey making anything in China or with the lowest bidder you can always have issues.

I Have a road warrior 340p. Posted a respectful, honest review. It never posted on line (selective posting)? The drip pan warps during cook at (325) and causes grease to flow wrong way to left rear and into barrel. They sent me another drip pan no arguing, but interestingly enough rep. Stated it doesn't effect operation or cook.? Grease fire won't affect cook? I noticed during brisket cook last weekend interior heat was a consistant 40 to 50 degrees diff. Than what controller displayed, and meat probe inserted and reinserted with same results, was 50 degrees consistantly lower than my thermapen. I had a 1st gen gmg, for 8 years, before. "Upgrading" and only had one issue, igniter rod needed replacing..I have to call on probe and cooker temp. Issue. I feel your frustration. Wish I would have bought another gmg, but no local dealers within driving distance, and the design of the road warrior really fit my lifestyle. For the price, quality should be higher, we all work hard for our $$. Positve honest review, my son inlaw loves his bullseye, zero issues, many cooks. My bestie had major issue with rust holes, (bullseye grill was a few weeks out of warranty). They replaced entire grill no hassles. That goes along way with me (so Iam torn about this co.).... like everything else in life. It's a crap shoot, just do your research before handing the cash over. FYI, I used meat churchs method for cooking p. Grill brisket, turned out pretty great. Leftovers made fried brisket mac and cheese!!

I Have a road warrior 340p. Posted a respectful, honest review. It never posted on line (selective posting)? The drip pan warps during cook at (325) and causes grease to flow wrong way to left rear and into barrel. They sent me another drip pan no arguing, but interestingly enough rep. Stated it doesn't effect operation or cook.? Grease fire won't affect cook? I noticed during brisket cook last weekend interior heat was a consistant 40 to 50 degrees diff. Than what controller displayed, and meat probe inserted and reinserted with same results, was 50 degrees consistantly lower than my thermapen. I had a 1st gen gmg, for 8 years, before. "Upgrading" and only had one issue, igniter rod needed replacing..I have to call on probe and cooker temp. Issue. I feel your frustration. Wish I would have bought another gmg, but no local dealers within driving distance, and the design of the road warrior really fit my lifestyle. For the price, quality should be higher, we all work hard for our $$. Positve honest review, my son inlaw loves his bullseye, zero issues, many cooks. My bestie had major issue with rust holes, (bullseye grill was a few weeks out of warranty). They replaced entire grill no hassles. That goes along way with me (so Iam torn about this co.).... like everything else in life. It's a crap shoot, just do your research before handing the cash over. FYI, I used meat churchs method for cooking p. Grill brisket, turned out pretty great. Leftovers made fried brisket mac and cheese!!
One more note, I live in s.e. ga. Outside temp. Was warm last weekend. So that is not reason for temp. Difference.

Had this grill 8 months it is running 100 degrees lower than it shows and on top of that I have had to adjust the igniter rod as well. This is not a quality product and Recteq should do better. I am sorry but when you purchase a product you should not have to fiddle with it all the time for it to work. This is my 3rd and last Recteq. Good luck guys I am moving on
It was a mistake for RTQ to try and add temp control to a Bullseye. They only did this because of the whiners wanting temp control like the 700. The original Bullseye was designed for some open lid grilling capabilities. I have an original Bullseye. I would never part with it. It is the best of grills with being able to add wood chunks to it and also to have full manual infinite control over the temps.

If you forget about the temp control, you will view the Bullseye differently. Yours however has the capability to get hotter and have some temp control over mine without constantly having to man the grill. You have a nice Bullseye. You just need to learn the grill now.

Had this grill 8 months it is running 100 degrees lower than it shows and on top of that I have had to adjust the igniter rod as well. This is not a quality product and Recteq should do better. I am sorry but when you purchase a product you should not have to fiddle with it all the time for it to work. This is my 3rd and last Recteq. Good luck guys I am moving on
I have a bullseye that is about 2 years old. They were as hard to get as a hens tooth be because of all of the hype. I stayed up u til midnight to place the order when it was announced the day that X amount would be available It was a POS since the day I got it. Regret buying it every day. There was no way that I would pop for any other version of the Bullseye. A friend of mine had the first version and he donated it to the local recycling center.

I also have the 700. It is a good grill but i doubt if I will ever buy another grill from Recteq because I think the 700 will last the rest of my life 🤗👍

Life is like a box of chocolates......
tom hanks forest gump GIF

I must admit I did some very rewarding dumpster diving at a major technology manufacturer. In the day 21” monitors were unheard of for the consumer desk top, I netted 8, two were my gaming monitors.

One man’s trash…….

Hate it went this bad.
K2 Skis in the mid 70's...........:love:

Speaking of the Bullseye, I saw today where recteq has brought back the Matador… pan and lid anyway! They wouldn’t sell the,pan and lid separately when the Matador was a stocked item. Now, for $169 you can own one. It’s actually a pretty nice addition to a Bullseye. I’ve probably used that combo more than the Matador pan with gas burner as it shipped originally.

Speaking of the Bullseye, I saw today where recteq has brought back the Matador… pan and lid anyway! They wouldn’t sell the,pan and lid separately when the Matador was a stocked item. Now, for $169 you can own one. It’s actually a pretty nice addition to a Bullseye. I’ve probably used that combo more than the Matador pan with gas burner as it shipped originally.
Seems expensive?

There is something on Amazon I've looked at that is very similiar to the matador "bowl". If anyone is interested, I'll go find it on amazon. I say that b/c $169 seems a little pricey.

In fairness, I had my fair of issues with my 380. Wheel retainer caps, RTD, controller. No way in hell would I throw it away.
It has served well as a fast cooker, think Weber kettle. As a low and slow smoker....No way!
I love cooking on my Weber kettle, but it is often breezy here in the Mojave Desert and I didn’t want to set the desert on fire while lighting the briquettes in the chimney. The Bullseye was the perfect solution to this dilemma. I didn’t expect it to be a smoker per se, but it is ideal for burgers, steaks, wings, and frozen pizzas. It has been trouble-free for the almost two years I’ve had it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back