Bull Bull running cold?

timelinex

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I am pretty sure my bull is running colder than it shows in the APP. The first thing that made me think this is my times run alot longer than everyone elses. I tested it by putting one of the built in probes on some rocks inside at 225 and I had to have it at 235-240 to actually show 225 on my temp gauge. The built in probes usually read within a few degrees of my thermapen , so I think they are accurate (unless these types of probes don't do air temperature correctly?)

I am not sure if I am measuring correctly or in the right place. Where is the "right" place to measure and what is a good way to do it. Then how do I offset the temperature?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure my bull is running colder than it shows in the APP. The first thing that made me think this is my times run alot longer than everyone elses. I tested it by putting one of the built in probes on some rocks inside at 225 and I had to have it at 235-240 to actually show 225 on my temp gauge. The built in probes usually read within a few degrees of my thermapen , so I think they are accurate (unless these types of probes don't do air temperature correctly?)

I am not sure if I am measuring correctly or in the right place. Where is the "right" place to measure and what is a good way to do it. Then how do I offset the temperature?

Thanks!
The temperature sensor is on the left side (the vertical rod) which is the reference temp. If you are going to check / verify with a secondary thermometer get close as you can to the left vertical rod.

The temperature sensor is on the left side (the vertical rod) which is the reference temp. If you are going to check / verify with a secondary thermometer get close as you can to the left vertical rod.
Where on it is the temperature being read though? At the very tip or close to the grates?

i put my probes through the top lid gap to hang from the wire without touching the rack but close and my grill was actually running about 25 degrees hotter than set point.

Where on it is the temperature being read though? At the very tip or close to the grates?
I would trust this is an averaging sensor. A few degrees really doesn't matter so don't get caught up with the temps. The controls on the Bull seem to be much tighter than most home ovens.

I use an added temp probe near whatever I'm cooking. Being to the left is a little far away for me. I do agree with Chris, The Bull holds temps very well.

Put mine in the middle like the RT video, now have the offset at -3, all good

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back