Brisket Point Cook

Waterboy

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
Cooking up one of the points I showed in a post several days ago for KC burnt ends for a dinner we are going to tonight. It started out at 14 lbs but had a LOT of fat to trim off (about 4.25 lbs). There is also a good amount of flat still attached but that’ll cook nicely with the point.

Rubbed it with Salt and Pepper with a smidge of Lowreys seasoning (I went lite on the salt because of the Lowreys).
Bear Mountain Hickory pellets with the smoker set to 200 for the first 3 hours (I put the meat on at 9:30 last night).
Upped the temp to 225 overnight.
Wrapped in butcher paper at 11:00 this morning with the bark where I wanted it (IT of 175).
Upped the smoker to 250 after the wrap.
Probed tender at 198 a little after noon, pulled and have it resting in a cooler until I braise them.

I ‘ll take pics of the final product and post later.
70F1962D-AD7A-4EF2-83F5-ACDA7F785A2F.jpeg
B677E740-309B-4CF0-83DB-FC2C0D16BCBC.jpeg

Any lessons learned along the way? I have been wanting to try this.

Any lessons learned along the way? I have been wanting to try this.
Same! After you rested, you did.....what?

Cubed, back on the smoker for 2-3 hours with sauce? What sauce, what temp?

I am eager to know the answers because I am going to thaw some vac-sealed cubed point I have to make burnt ends in a week or two, any tips appreciated!

@Pacman and @Plumberguy it was pretty simple and easy. I cubed everything into approximately 1” x 1” cubes, applied some Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub, poured some recteq Harry’s Secret Sweet Sauce over the cubes (not too heavy on the sauce) and put them on the grill at 250 for about an hour and a half. About an hour in I checked them and they looked like they could use some more sauce so I added some and left them on long enough to make the sauce sticky. My people like a sweet sauce but you can use whatever you like. Check out this video from Chud’s BBQ for some other ideas on seasoning burnt ends.

With the point you have so much wiggle room on how long you cook them. I make sure I smoke it to probe tender then it doesn’t really matter how long you leave them on. The one I cooked was so thick it took as long to get done as the full packer I smoke with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back