Bull Bought another 700

Mozekian

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Have a 700 at the lake house. We love it so much we are replacing the Green Mountain Grill at the primary house with a new 700. Doing the comp cart this time. I really dont want the front shelf (have it on the other 700) because I hate the hinges and love the bull look without the shelf, but think its a necessary thing to have.

We have a Matador too at the lake and I have enjoyed it for some outdoor meals. Whenever I can cook outside, I will.

Last edited:
Have a 700 at the lake house. We love it so much we are replacing the Green Mountain Grill at the primary house with a new 700. Doing the comp cart this time. I really dont want the front shelf (have it on the other 700) because I hate the hinges and love the bull look without the shelf, but think its a necessary thing to have.

We have a Matador too at the lake and I have enjoyed it for some outdoor meals. Whenever I can cook outside, I will.

Congrats! 🍻

Any reason you did not consider the 1250?

Congrats! 🍻

Any reason you did not consider the 1250?
Yeah, lots of the same reasons everyone listed on the thread about upgrading to the 1250.

I dont like the shelf set ups on the 1250. I like the double grates on the 700 and the option to put my second shelf in when needed. I dont think having both shelves in the 1250 would work well for me, with clearance on the top and bottom being limited.

For example: When I do pork puts I place a aluminum pan on the bottom shelf, place the folding shelf over the pans, and then cook the butts using the 5" of clearance above the bottom shelf. The 1250 has 4" clearance on the top shelf, so the butts would not fit well.

The Wifi isnt a big deal for me, 2.4 has worked great for me. The shelf is nice but not $400 nice. The other things like deflector plate, grease drip shield and tie downs are not a big deal to me. The table is nicer, ill give em that.

So long story long, I just dont see the $400 in the upgrades vs the 700 and would rather use the $400 for a comp cart to allow ease of movement on my patio. My patio is 90% uncovered so I like that the comp cart allows me to easily move the grill to and from the small 2' ledge we have to help with some protection from the elements.

Yeah, lots of the same reasons everyone listed on the thread about upgrading to the 1250.

I dont like the shelf set ups on the 1250. I like the double grates on the 700 and the option to put my second shelf in when needed. I dont think having both shelves in the 1250 would work well for me, with clearance on the top and bottom being limited.

For example: When I do pork puts I place a aluminum pan on the bottom shelf, place the folding shelf over the pans, and then cook the butts using the 5" of clearance above the bottom shelf. The 1250 has 4" clearance on the top shelf, so the butts would not fit well.

The Wifi isnt a big deal for me, 2.4 has worked great for me. The shelf is nice but not $400 nice. The other things like deflector plate, grease drip shield and tie downs are not a big deal to me. The table is nicer, ill give em that.

So long story long, I just dont see the $400 in the upgrades vs the 700 and would rather use the $400 for a comp cart to allow ease of movement on my patio. My patio is 90% uncovered so I like that the comp cart allows me to easily move the grill to and from the small 2' ledge we have to help with some protection from the elements.

Nice.. real honest feedback. I have similar reasons but seeing a lot of folks (at least it seems) jumping on the 1250 so just wanted to see what your thoughts were. I just don't see the $400 justification myself but if it were truly worth it, I would have to consider if I were choosing today. Enjoy the additional 700.. can't go wrong with that choice.

Nice.. real honest feedback. I have similar reasons but seeing a lot of folks (at least it seems) jumping on the 1250 so just wanted to see what your thoughts were. I just don't see the $400 justification myself but if it were truly worth it, I would have to consider if I were choosing today. Enjoy the additional 700.. can't go wrong with that choice.
I figure the shelf is $105. So really the price difference is $295 between the 2, and I like the 1250 shelf much better. So Ill be honest, it is still a tough toss up because when you are going to drop $400 on a comp cart, when the grill already comes with a great set of legs, you have already departed "sensible land" and are now cruising around in "excessive land". Haha.

To me the biggest upgrade is the 3rpm auger. Man I love getting up to high temps so fast and stable. Best upgrade ever. I have front shelf and folding shelf, but I usually use the camp shelf 3 tier racks now when I need more room.
So all good. Either grill will make great food and people seem to be selling 700 used really cheap right now if you find one nearby.

To me the biggest upgrade is the 3rpm auger. Man I love getting up to high temps so fast and stable. Best upgrade ever. I have front shelf and folding shelf, but I usually use the camp shelf 3 tier racks now when I need more room.
So all good. Either grill will make great food and people seem to be selling 700 used really cheap right now if you find one nearby.
Honestly, I don’t have a need to run my 700 at higher or quicker temps. Just not what I use it for. I have other options for that which work just as good or better for searing. It is nice I’m sure for a lot of people but you can add a 3 RPM to a 700 if desired also. Not sure I would ever try to cook over 600 on a Bull. Now if they kept the pricing more along the line of the 700 it would be a no brainer. The added $400 just doesn’t justify the differences for me. Everyone has their own needs so it works for some. At least they are trying.

Ironically I changed my mind after realizing the 3 RPM comes standard on the 1250 as well.

So minus the shelf the difference is $295 between the two. I can remove the top shelf and use the other shelf if needed for space, and I like the outer shelf much much more.

Would I upgrade my 700 I have now for the 1250, no.
But clearly when buying a second grill, while keeping my other 700, the 1250 just barely won...barely...If the shelf wasn't included or was the current shelf with the pinch points, I would have gone with another 700

Ordered the 1250 with comp cart. Should be pretty

I'm agree completely with that. It slightly edges it out if I was buying new. Worth selling the 700 and then buying a 1250... I'd rather set fire to food than my money.
I do a pizza once a week and it used to take 45 minutes to get to 450. Now with 3.0 speed it takes 12 to 13 minutes. Also faster to 225 and 350. It just recovers faster when opening the lid. You'll be glad you went with it.

I'm agree completely with that. It slightly edges it out if I was buying new. Worth selling the 700 and then buying a 1250... I'd rather set fire to food than my money.
I do a pizza once a week and it used to take 45 minutes to get to 450. Now with 3.0 speed it takes 12 to 13 minutes. Also faster to 225 and 350. It just recovers faster when opening the lid. You'll be glad you went with it.
That’s great to hear. I am going to do a comparison between the two to see the difference when I get the 1250 up

1250 gets hot, and gets hot very fast. I did my first cook today and it got to 400 quick for the burnin and then got to 450 for the cook in a few minutes.

One thing I noticed was it shot through the temps pretty easily and took a long while to get back down. I would set 450 and it would get to 450...and then 470, and then 480...and take its sweet time to get back down.

Have not checked lower temps and have an email out to RecTeq to see if a feed rate change might be needed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back