RT-1250 Bit the Bullet

Placed my order for a RT-1250, 200lbs of pellets and a cover this morning. I'm now waiting and wondering how long before the wife see's it on the debit card. I'll be hiding for the next few days.
You have plenty of time to find another wife before the grill arrives.
Congratulations!

Yeah, the ol' shaky push the buy button finger rush of adrenaline.
It's for the family right? Good food, have her crazy relatives over, It'll be great!
:D Congrats on the purchase.

Placed my order for a RT-1250, 200lbs of pellets and a cover this morning. I'm now waiting and wondering how long before the wife see's it on the debit card. I'll be hiding for the next few days.
Hey, this purchase is an “investment” in her health and happiness! Good food is the foundation for happy living; am I right? You were just thinking about her health and happiness when you made this sacrifice. Any good husband would do the same. ;)

Congratulations! Your wife will appreciate all of the cooking you’ll be doing to make her life easier 😁.
Who knows, she may even end up using it herself and joining this forum 😉.

LOL...did the same but for the 700...I also played it safe and talked to wifey about it prior although I had been telling her that when our current smoker was on it's last leg, I wanted to get the RecTec. I sir, am not as brave as you!

LOL she still doesn't know. I'm at the ranch and she's at home. That's about a 3 hour buffer. I'm laying low. On a good note I received a email from Recteq and my order has been shipped. I'm giving the old smoker one more work out today. Got a 16lb brisket on and a pot of pinto beans going in the crock pot. Daughter is coming up and bringing potato salad and coleslaw. Nearest neighbor is 4 miles away but they will smell the cook and be here this evening with a case of beer I'm sure. Thanks for all the replies. Wish me luck.

I ordered my 1250 on 12/21. Received a notice that it was on its way but it really didn't get picked up til 12/29. Estimated arrival from Estes is 1/6 -1/10.

Mine was quick to forgive after a cook or two...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back