RT-1250 Best Pellets?

I used Bear Mountain Bold Blend this past weekend. They were ok- I actually like Lumber Jack better- I got better smoke flavor out of them. I used the competition blend for a pork butt and ribs.

I must live in a BBQ wasteland. I can't find decent pellets for prices you all mention. Of course it is Commiefornia. All of our pellets come with warning labels that smoke causes cancer.

No one around here carries Lumberjack or Bear Mountain. I found a local supplier that sells Smoke Ring for $30 per 40 lb bag, but as a home-based "business" he's hit or miss on inventory.
Check out costco
I must live in a BBQ wasteland. I can't find decent pellets for prices you all mention. Of course it is Commiefornia. All of our pellets come with warning labels that smoke causes cancer.

No one around here carries Lumberjack or Bear Mountain. I found a local supplier that sells Smoke Ring for $30 per 40 lb bag, but as a home-based "business" he's hit or miss on inventory.
I have your solution: https://www.costco.com/bear-mountain-bbq-gourmet-bbq-pellets,-40-lb.product.100779193.html

So I stopped by Rural King tonight and I believe this does confirm that the Rural King house brand pellets are made by Lumber Jack.

12D59602-F31E-4320-BB58-AE3C50C39652.jpeg

^^^^^ That's been reported before and denied before. Who knows for sure? Certainly not the local store managers. Probably only RK purchasing and whoever makes them knows for sure. LJ has reportedly denied making them. Perhaps the Bear Mtn. branch of Lignetics? Perhaps some other company?

I roll with Bear Mountain 50/50 Oak & Pecan. They go very well together, particularly chicken, beef and pork. I was amazed what the mix did for lobster.

The best advice you can get is to experiment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back