RT-1250 Best Pellets?

PEllis04

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
Got my new 1250 arriving tomorrow. I've been looking at pellets that are a general go to.

I keep seeing Bear Mountain Gourmet BBQ. I've also heard B&B are good. What brand and flavor are y'all's go to?

I expect for burgers, chicken, Pork Butt, Ribs, and Brisket to be most commonly cooked meats.

Attachments

• 3B07FEB1-027A-4EC0-BB73-10E184962B0C.jpeg
    3B07FEB1-027A-4EC0-BB73-10E184962B0C.jpeg
    620.1 KB · Views: 272
My favorite for smoke flavor and consistent temps and best deal locally is Pitboss pellets, likely all I will ever use going forward.

My 1250 appears to like Bear Mountain very much, perfect temp control, Pitboss are long pellets causing some temp flux

Using up the last of my LumberJack pellets from Rural King. Apparently they don't carry them anymore. Bummer - they have always worked well for me and they had several varieties to choose from at around $8.00 a bag.

I must live in a BBQ wasteland. I can't find decent pellets for prices you all mention. Of course it is Commiefornia. All of our pellets come with warning labels that smoke causes cancer.

No one around here carries Lumberjack or Bear Mountain. I found a local supplier that sells Smoke Ring for $30 per 40 lb bag, but as a home-based "business" he's hit or miss on inventory.

I must live in a BBQ wasteland. I can't find decent pellets for prices you all mention. Of course it is Commiefornia. All of our pellets come with warning labels that smoke causes cancer.

No one around here carries Lumberjack or Bear Mountain. I found a local supplier that sells Smoke Ring for $30 per 40 lb bag, but as a home-based "business" he's hit or miss on inventory.
Have you tried Amazon? That used to be my go to for pellets.

@Pacman where in California? Tractor Supply stores carries Bear Mountain for $9.99 (20# bag). There are a few more retailers that are in that range but some are regional.

Have you tried Amazon? That used to be my go to for pellets.
I tried a bag of Cookingpellets.com once and even my son in law wondered why a pretty standard cook had a "different" flavor...not in a complimentary way. I still have half a bag that I use to stoke smoke tubes that have hardwood chunks in them for the actual smoke.

I threw away the pitboss competition pellets. Literally zero smoke flavor. Thought something was wrong on my 700

Maybe there is something with your unit or temps? I use them and actually feel the flavor is a bit too strong personally. I will not reverse sear steaks with them as the smoke flavor is too pronounced in an hour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back