Best methods for cleaning/maintenance

Is that one scrubbie per smoke, or can you reuse them?
I've balled up aluminum foil in a pinch, if you have HD foil it works well. If you have paper thin foil it will shred and leave bits all over your grates.
I rinse them out, dish soap and water, and reuse them 5-6 times before I toss them.

Last edited:
I've had my 590 for a couple weeks now, and it's gotten to the point where a bit of cleaning is due. I know the more basic stuff such as using a shop vac to clean out the fire pot and ash around there, but I read something on the manual about not using certain cleaning products on this type of grill.

I have a Traeger cleaning solution that I used on my last grill that worked pretty well. I would spray the inside and outside of the grill and just wipe it down with paper towels. Would this work for recteq grills too?

Looking for suggestions on cleaning products and methods used to make sure I can keep this grill in great shape.
I’m in the camp also of not spraying anything on the inside of my smoker. I use a plastic scraper on the inside walls and clean off any grease deposits in the tray. I use aluminum foil ball on the grates and take them out from time to time, soak in hot soapy water and scrub with a steel pad. I do use spray on the outside of the smoker.

I've had my 590 for a couple weeks now, and it's gotten to the point where a bit of cleaning is due. I know the more basic stuff such as using a shop vac to clean out the fire pot and ash around there, but I read something on the manual about not using certain cleaning products on this type of grill.

I have a Traeger cleaning solution that I used on my last grill that worked pretty well. I would spray the inside and outside of the grill and just wipe it down with paper towels. Would this work for recteq grills too?

Looking for suggestions on cleaning products and methods used to make sure I can keep this grill in great shape.
I never clean my grill all I do is vacuum out the ashes and change the tin foil on the deflector

I never clean my grill all I do is vacuum out the ashes and change the tin foil on the deflector

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back