Beef Rib Lifter Meat

Beth, where did you get that "spit"? I'd love one for doing al pastor.

Thank you for this thread, Beth; it was an interesting read! I'm behind on some posts and did not realize you received your Bullseye... congrats!

I don't think the lifter meat is the same as the cap that we all love from the ribeye primal. It is often referred to as cap meat, but it's not the spinalis dorsi.....this is what it looks like:
View attachment 6735

To me, this looks like it's got the wide grain that is seen on flank, flat iron, skirt, etc. I suspect it would be fantastic marinated, and quick grilled like skirt or flank.

Let us know!

Rich

This is correct. It is not the cap on a ribeye also know as the spinalis dorsi.
Lifter meat or blade meat is a cut that consists of the muscles and cartilage surrounding the scapula (or shoulder blade) and the prime rib. It includes the sections of the subscapularis and rhomboideus below the blade bone and the sections of the latissimus dorsi, infraspinatus, and trapezius above the bone.
Diagaram_Japanese_Wagyu_Whole_Ribeye_with_Lifter_Meat_800x.jpg

This is correct. It is not the cap on a ribeye also know as the spinalis dorsi.
Lifter meat or blade meat is a cut that consists of the muscles and cartilage surrounding the scapula (or shoulder blade) and the prime rib. It includes the sections of the subscapularis and rhomboideus below the blade bone and the sections of the latissimus dorsi, infraspinatus, and trapezius above the bone.
View attachment 6783
Great photo! Explains it well!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back