Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
  3. Patio Legend 410
  4. RT-300
Any cautions before so use this?
Will it harm the powder coating surfaces?

I’ve only used it on the unpainted SS parts, still going with the ‘grain’ of what I was cleaning. Never had an issue, and I’ve seen reports of where I was being over cautious. The powder stuff, that’s a different conversation… if using on painted parts, I’d suggest trying it first on a test patch that you can’t see!

Dan,
Thanks for the reply.
I was only concerned with any product unintentionally getting onto the powder coat, I have no intention of cleaning the surfaces that are non- stainless.
Sound safe ?

I periodically use it on the stainless. I originally used the powder and made a paste with water. The liquid stuff is much easier to work with. I do not use it on the powder coated parts favoring good old 409, glass cleaner, damp paper towels, etc. as I really have never had any issues with stains or messes on the powder coated parts beyond dust and pollen at certain times of the year. I often use Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner as a quick wipe down of the stainless and powder coated pieces when I'm cleaning out the ash, etc.

I've used the liquid bar keepers friend on the stainless and it worked well. I don't use that on the other surfaces. My Bull is from 2019 and doesn't have the powder coat on the lid, mine is paint. But I won't use it on the powder coat lid.

I use it from time to time on my stainless steel and haven't had any problems with it at all. Works very well.

I periodically use it on the stainless. I originally used the powder and made a paste with water. The liquid stuff is much easier to work with. I do not use it on the powder coated parts favoring good old 409, glass cleaner, damp paper towels, etc. as I really have never had any issues with stains or messes on the powder coated parts beyond dust and pollen at certain times of the year. I often use Weiman Stainless Steel Cleaner as a quick wipe down of the stainless and powder coated pieces when I'm cleaning out the ash, etc.
I do pretty much the same as @Pacman. Never had an issue with BKF (liquid or powder) on stainless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back