Bar Keepers Friend

I use it on a cool grill, also a regular sponge works great for me. once your ahead of the game, and i also added a gasket to my lid the days of black smoke stain are gone to.

Last edited:
I use it one a cool grill, also a regular sponge works great for me. once your ahead of the game, and i also added a gasket to my lid the days of black smoke stain are gone to.
Did the gasket after my first few smokes. Blackened the metal behind the lid. The bar keepers friend took it right off. Looks great ??

I use it on a cool grill, also a regular sponge works great for me. once your ahead of the game, and i also added a gasket to my lid the days of black smoke stain are gone to.
Thanks for the tips, I'm still on the fence about the lid gasket, but I definitely see the benefits.

I know that well. I had a small grease fire. Saw tons of smoke coming out of the grease port. Opened the lid and saw flames. Turned off and closed lid. Fire luckily went out. NOW I clean the bottom frequently. That was just a shot across the bow. ??
I'm curious do you foil your drip pan?

I do, The problem was the the bacon was over the sides of the drip pan. Grease got over the sides and pooled at the temp probe end of the barrel. There was also a lot of ash that sucked up the grease to the firepot. I thought I could go another cook without cleaning the ash. LAZY, LAZY LAZY. I make sure the meat is inside the drip pan, and ash is cleared more often. No problems since. ??

I do, The problem was the the bacon was over the sides of the drip pan. Grease got over the sides and pooled at the temp probe end of the barrel. There was also a lot of ash that sucked up the grease to the firepot. I thought I could go another cook without cleaning the ash. LAZY, LAZY LAZY. I make sure the meat is inside the drip pan, and ash is cleared more often. No problems since. ??
That will do it. The actual grilling area is a lot smaller than advertised it really is only the size of the drip pan. It's very important to leave a couple of inches both on the front and rear of the grills especially when cooking foods like bacon. The ash in the bottom of the barrel will absorb some of the grease drippings but once it gets above a certain point and then add temperature proof it goes. Can be pretty scary especially if the grill is close to the house. I've had my gasser catch fire a couple times when warming it up, like you said LAZY LAZY LAZY

That will do it. The actual grilling area is a lot smaller than advertised it really is only the size of the drip pan. It's very important to leave a couple of inches both on the front and rear of the grills especially when cooking foods like bacon. The ash in the bottom of the barrel will absorb some of the grease drippings but once it gets above a certain point and then add temperature proof it goes. Can be pretty scary especially if the grill is close to the house. I've had my gasser catch fire a couple times when warming it up, like you said LAZY LAZY LAZY
Amen! ??

Thanks for the tips, I'm still on the fence about the lid gasket, but I definitely see the benefits.
I was on the fence till i put it on, now i'm not sure why i waited like i did. My thoughts were, its not permanent and I can always take it off. It'll never come off though lol

Still trying to figure out the mechanics of this site. Can't seem to quote anyone. Trying to contact ModernRec about the shelf and legs he has for sale. I am in SC local to him and interested. Is it not possible to PM another member here?

Still trying to figure out the mechanics of this site. Can't seem to quote anyone. Trying to contact ModernRec about the shelf and legs he has for sale. I am in SC local to him and interested. Is it not possible to PM another member here?
PMs are called Conversations on this platform. Click on his avatar and there should be a button for Start Conversation.

And now back to this thread's regularly scheduled topic: Bar Keeper's Friend...

Whats up bud, I do have them but I never remember posting about them for sale, or did I?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back