Bull Approximately what temp does LO work out to be?

msarro

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey folks. I am trying a traeger smoked salmon recipe today. They recommend using their "supersmoke" setting, or 180 degrees.

The bull has xtreme smoke (LO setting), but seems to bottom out at 200 degrees otherwise.

I'm just curious what the temp ends up working out to be when you use the LO setting?

Most folks who've used an ambient thermometer (probe held by a clip at grate level to a separate device ) have registered temps around 170

Hey folks. I am trying a traeger smoked salmon recipe today. They recommend using their "supersmoke" setting, or 180 degrees.

The bull has xtreme smoke (LO setting), but seems to bottom out at 200 degrees otherwise.

I'm just curious what the temp ends up working out to be when you use the LO setting?
I agree, should be around 170 to 180

Thanks folks! Sitting in broad daylight under midday sun, set on LO, it seems to have hovered about 185 for me. The salmon got done a little faster than expected, but still turned out beautifully!

The LO setting is purely a timer right? It ignores the PID and pushes pellets at the minimum to keep the fire going right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back