RT-1250 Another new RT-1250 owner reporting in!

DonD

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I had a surprisingly good delivery experience! Estes from GA to CT and then someone else for the final mile. 9 days from pickup to delivery, including the Christmas holidays. Zero damage! I was very concerned about delivery issues like lost shipments, delays and damage after reading posts. My only minor complaint is that they left it at the end of our long driveway (as expected though) so I had to break it down to get it up to my covered porch. No big deal.

It was delivered this afternoon and is mostly assembled - it's vertical and just needs horns and smoke stack and then burn in. That will be tomorrow. My plan is to use the 200 lbs of Recteq pellets for cooking and then using a smoke tube and various fruit/mesquite/etc. pellets for smoke. That stuff is coming tomorrow too.

Already have a couple of pork butts brining and we will have pulled pork for New Year's eve! The last pork butt I did this summer, I used a sous vide cooker to get the pork up to 165 and then it went on the old charcoal smoker for 6 hours or so. I plan the same for these. I'll post pictures, of course.

Looking forward to being part of this community.

I had a surprisingly good delivery experience! Estes from GA to CT and then someone else for the final mile. 9 days from pickup to delivery, including the Christmas holidays. Zero damage! I was very concerned about delivery issues like lost shipments, delays and damage after reading posts. My only minor complaint is that they left it at the end of our long driveway (as expected though) so I had to break it down to get it up to my covered porch. No big deal.

It was delivered this afternoon and is mostly assembled - it's vertical and just needs horns and smoke stack and then burn in. That will be tomorrow. My plan is to use the 200 lbs of Recteq pellets for cooking and then using a smoke tube and various fruit/mesquite/etc. pellets for smoke. That stuff is coming tomorrow too.

Already have a couple of pork butts brining and we will have pulled pork for New Year's eve! The last pork butt I did this summer, I used a sous vide cooker to get the pork up to 165 and then it went on the old charcoal smoker for 6 hours or so. I plan the same for these. I'll post pictures, of course.

Welcome aboard & congrats! Enjoy.. sounds like you have a solid plan to hit the road smoking!

Welcome to the community! That’s awesome that you had such a great delivery experience.
Looking forward to your pictures!

Get ready for the increase in meat purchasing! I have been churning out some phenomenal Briskets out of my 1250. I was told by guests at a small gathering that the Brisket I brought was better than that of a VERY popular local BBQ joint. (which was ranked top 20 Nationally)

She's a beauty!

Attachments

• IMG_4800.jpg
    IMG_4800.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4806.jpg
    IMG_4806.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 88

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back