Bull A note to Rec Tec packing

I am new to the forum and a proud new owner of a RT-700. I would like to say that this post is for the Rec Tec packing/shipping department. Although I would like for anyone to post their experiences and also their ideas for how to better practicably protect RT shipments. There's not much anyone can do when there is a shipping incident or careless logisticians.

I know the grill had to come a long way as I am in San Diego so I was already apprehensive about shipping damage. When I first started unpacking my initial impression was Rec Tec did an amazing job protecting everything. However once I staged everything for assembly and started taking the "protective" foam wrappings off I noticed to my disappointment that despite their best efforts some items had obviously some room to shift within the packing material and caused damage/ware. Nothing was catastrophic nor anything that I want to pursue via customer service as I am a pretty laid back guy even after dropping $$$$ on the RT-700.

I would recommend a cardboard lining conforming to the inside of the bull to limit dents/cosmetic wear from internal parts that are packaged there.

I would also recommend either double wrap of foam around ends of items or possibly a tight bulk paper packing or the expandable packing units that conform to the limited area to prevent parts shifting.

I found the grill relatively easy to put together and I was done in about two beers time. However the PID module/shelf was a pain in getting the lower two bolt holes to line up. I ended up having to use my die grinder to open them up to allow the bolts to pass through. Also those two bottom bolts are difficult to tighten with the limited space provided although I got it done in the end.
If the grill is damaged at all I would make Rec Tec replace it.

When I received my RT700 it was packaged and protected fairly well. Just a few nicks and blemishes which I believe happened before it was packaged. I did not know when I bought mine that it was made in China. I'm a huge Made In The USA guy and was disappointed when I saw that Made In China wording. I normally don't buy anything from China unless I have to. Though the majority of the quality is as advertised in reviews. Probably good thing I didn't know where it was made as I probably wouldn't of purchased but glad I did as I love this grill. I agree China St St is not as good of quallity as US made and chances are you wouldn't see the corrosion issue. I see the difference in my industry. Not to get political but it would be better if RT made most everything in the USA including Stainless Steel but then they probably wouldn't sell as many. Who knows? I wish RT would seriously start looking at making at least some of the product line in the USA . Especially the way things are going in today's world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back