Shulong6

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
My horns seam to be off center is this a common thing

Attachments

• D20C4AFC-329D-4EF3-B386-998236011930.jpeg
    D20C4AFC-329D-4EF3-B386-998236011930.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Mine were a bit wonky when i first installed them, but loosening/adjusting/retightening a few times got them aligned correctly. I considered slightly over-drilling one of the holes to increase the range i could twist it, but ultimately didn’t need to.
Also, after a few cooks worth of heat expansion & contraction, you may need to retighten the screws.

Take the handles off. Measure the holes from the bottom of the lid to see if they are the same.

If I buy a Cadillac, I expect Cadillac quality. Not Kia quality (no offense Kia owners!). Granted it won’t affect the cook, but we pay a good penny for the quality associated with the Recteq name. And a lot of us try to keep our grills looking great, which is why we seal the lids or put foil on the drip tray or whatever. If you can’t adjust them into alignment, then I would call Recteq. It is going to bother you every time you look at it (it would bother me anyway).

My horns are off slightly and I’m fine with that... being from Texas, I believe it mimics the real steer in the real world!

I actually cross threaded one of my horns on install, called RT and ask to buy a new one, they sent it no charge!
That being said they are not symmetrical, but I would almost think it is by design?

I actually cross threaded one of my horns on install, called RT and ask to buy a new one, they sent it no charge!
That being said they are not symmetrical, but I would almost think it is by design?
You really don't think they would design the horns to be asymmetrical do you? It's most likely the threaded holes in the horns are not even left to right. Have to figure Chinese children are probably manufacturing these, so things may be a little off :unsure:

BTW, mine are dead even though I had push one up and the other one down when tightening them to make them even.
As other said, it doesn't effect the cook, but it would bother me if they were not even so I'd want to correct it.

I'd actually prefer a traditional more user friendly horizontal handle all the way across instead of the gimmicky horns :oops:

IMG_3205.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back