Stampede 2nd shelf

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi All What are you guys using for a 2nd shelf? At times I like to put beans under a shelf to catch the drippings?
Thanks Dan

Hi All What are you guys using for a 2nd shelf? At times I like to put beans under a shelf to catch the drippings?
Thanks Dan
I use the RecTec large interior shelf but that's not going to fit in your Stampede.
Maybe try a smaller cookie cooling rack over or inside a disposable aluminum pan

Last edited:
Hi I'm going see "IF" WSM 22" grate will fit. Put it on 2 fire bricks.;)
Dan

Hi I'm going see "IF" WSM 22" grate will fit. Put it on 2 fire bricks.;)
Dan
22 inch round grill ain't going to fit in a 20 inch deep grill unless you do some modifications to it. They do make rectangular replacement grill grates that may work better for you.

Yeah the front shelf is working good. Just measured the grate it is 19" across,might be tight.
I have a piece of expended metal that will fit , just put it on 2 firebricks.
I gotta work on getting a bit more smoke in the meats.
Thanks Dan

Yeah the front shelf is working good. Just measured the grate it is 19" across,might be tight.
I have a piece of expended metal that will fit , just put it on 2 firebricks.
I gotta work on getting a bit more smoke in the meats.
Thanks Dan
The problem with the expanded metal it has very little strength unless supported around its perimeter or 1/4 inches thick.
20200527_141330.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Iwas putting the expended metal shelf in the smoker.

The grate you linked us to appears to be black with no mention of SS. What gives? Thanks

Hi All I'm taking the easy way out. Did this on my WSM worked great. This will just be used when I want to put the bean under the pork ribs for the drippings.

spaced-grate.jpg

:)(y) That wasn't my photo..The time I did it I did use empty coffee cans..Did the trick!!
an

Just spoke with Rec Tec, large interior shelf will be in sometime early July. Said they will have plenty. No preorders. I guess I'll be just a'waitin. :( ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back