RT-1250 100th 1250 thread

jac365

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
The 1250 section seems to be stuck 99, so for the 100th thread I just want to say I love the 1250!. I have had heavy start up smoke but no kabooms. Since August when I got mine it has churned out some fantastic ribs, pulled pork and most especially brisket.

I have only used mine for low and slow, which is the reason for purchase. (I still have my Weber gas grill) The ease of the 1250 compared to my old offset stick burner is simply incredible. I prefer Bear Mountain pellets as the 1250 holds ROCK STEADY temp with them. Even when I started a Brisket at 0 degrees F and the high temp was 10, the 1250 held the temp perfectly. (No blanket used either).

The only drawback I have seen so far is when the 1250 is running, the light smoke is exiting the stack and the aroma of BBQ meats is wafting over the property, friends and neighbors are like moths to a light, following their noses to the source of that delectable scent. While it's not necessarily a bad thing the recent meat prices do make it less frequent....

I believe that most of this issue is because the heater probe is out of adjustment. It’s really simple. They probe should be setting flush or sticking out into the fire pot about an 1/8th inch. Just clean the fire pot and make sure the holes on the sides are all open. This is where the air comes from for combustion. Adjust the heater probe and tighten the set screw that holds it in place. That should solve the problem. If not then you have an auger issue that should be handled by cs. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back