1 hour ribs?

NinoRT700

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I’ve seen a couple of things online about people doing 1 hour ribs. I’m just not 100% sure of the process for it and if they are good.
Any help on this is great. Was looking to give it shot this week

I’ve seen a couple of things online about people doing 1 hour ribs. I’m just not 100% sure of the process for it and if they are good.
Any help on this is great. Was looking to give it shot this week
Never heard about anyone doing that on a smoker or even on a gasser or in an oven. Kinds of defeats the purpose of cooking low and slow for delicious smoke meat that is juicy and tender. Even in an oven at 350 it takes 2-3 hours to cook. If you need them that quick you could buy the pre-cooked ribs complete with BBQ sauce at the grocery store. They only take 15 minutes or so in the microwave.

Isn't it essentially done wrapped in foil the whole time, or over direct heat?

Never heard about anyone doing that on a smoker or even on a gasser or in an oven. Kinds of defeats the purpose of cooking low and slow for delicious smoke meat that is juicy and tender. Even in an oven at 350 it takes 2-3 hours to cook. If you need them that quick you could buy the pre-cooked ribs complete with BBQ sauce at the grocery store. They only take 15 minutes or so in the microwave.
First. You bite your tounge when thinking to mention pre-cooked store bought ribs lolol
Just kidding
But ive read/seen people doing it at about 400 for 45min. Putting sauce on for the last 15min.
I’ve also seen people do similar but searing both sidea at a high temp first than down to 350-400 and doing the same.
It’s not that im in a rush right now but looking to see if another way is there incase one day i am a little tighter on time

Oh and also i see them normally cutting the ribs up into individual pieces most of the time to cook

Interesting video, never saw or heard of it done like that before. If you try them lets us know how they turned out.
I’ll be trying them this Wednesday so I’ll make sure to get back to everyone on it

Running a RT that hot produces about no smoke. I did a brisket at 400F once. You need a smoke tube for that temp.

Before I knew anything about BBQ, I used to crank my gasser up and sear some seasoned racks, then wrap in foil, add some moisture (water, beer, juice, etc.) and put them back on the grill for about an hour on a medium heat (350F ish?). They were tender.

I have never done one hour ribs on my 700. But I do them in my Orion cooker. See theorioncooker.com
I use it when I need a lot of food in a short amount of time. It's a charcoal hog so you want to fill it up to make the most of the fuel cost. It will do up to six racks of ribs in about an hour and twenty minutes with a nice wood smoke flavor. Perfectly done, moist and tender every time.

I have never done one hour ribs on my 700. But I do them in my Orion cooker. See theorioncooker.com
I use it when I need a lot of food in a short amount of time. It's a charcoal hog so you want to fill it up to make the most of the fuel cost. It will do up to six racks of ribs in about an hour and twenty minutes with a nice wood smoke flavor. Perfectly done, moist and tender every time.
Nice, which size do you have? Are they easy to keep clean?

Them one hour ribs are called McRib!:ROFLMAO:
banderas GIF by FirstAndMonday

Nice, which size do you have? Are they easy to keep clean?
I have the "original" size. Not sure what they call that now. I have had it, I have two actually, for going on ten years now. Yes I find them very easy to clean. I just lift out the drip pan, lay the can on its side, and blast it with the garden hose. Grates go in the dishwasher.

Lol No rush just trying different things on it. Recteq having a whole video and recipe up about it makes it seem even more of a common thing.
I’ll have a new post up from start to finish with it tomorrow or Thursday. Hoping for the best

1 hour? No thanks. I'd rather sit back with a couple of beers. 😎

1 hour? No thanks. I'd rather sit back with a couple of beers. 😎
I'm with you. Today was a perfect early fall day here in WI. 70 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, and a light breeze. So I tossed a couple of racks of baby back ribs on the 700. Sat outside listening to blues and drinking beer while I "tended" the smoker. Paradise. Oh and the ribs turned out perfect too. 😉

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back