Stampede Worried it will come broken/damaged...

I got my 590 in January, when it arrived the packaging was a little rough but the smoker was fine. I work for another LTL carrier and I know how important the packaging is for shipping, the box could be a little more sturdy. It did have some surface rust but recteq took care of it.

Why are you not pushing for a replacement and talking about not being able to sell? Something not right here.
Have to agree, gets a grill that won't work right? Seen several posts from them, all negative. Hard to believe RT couldn't resolve any issues with the grill?

Have to agree, gets a grill that won't work right? Seen several posts from them, all negative. Hard to believe RT couldn't resolve any issues with the grill?

Maybe works for Traeger?

Who Knows Idk GIF by MOODMAN

My RT-590 arrived like it had been in a demolition derby. Never worked right...even with a new controller and sensor. Just taking up space at my house because I can't even sell it.
I received the third delivery on a Recteq 590 today and once again damaged, so once again (3 weeks later) I’ve refused delivery.

This last time was Estes and was worse than the other carrier, not even on a pallet, on its side and the box all ripped.

I’m hoping that this Recteq is worth the aggravation. Looking to discuss with Harry in the morning.

Attachments

• 861B3068-7C36-49F8-BC23-EAAF131E79F5.jpeg
    861B3068-7C36-49F8-BC23-EAAF131E79F5.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 73
My RT-590 arrived like it had been in a demolition derby. Never worked right...even with a new controller and sensor. Just taking up space at my house because I can't even sell it.
I received the third delivery on a Recteq 590 today and once again damaged, so once again (3 weeks later) I’ve refused delivery.

This last time was Estes and was worse than the other carrier, not even on a pallet, on its side and the box all ripped.

I’m hoping that this Recteq is worth the aggravation. Looking to discuss with Harry in the morning.

Attachments

• CE25B0B7-06DB-4C91-977A-B4F55CE8A867.jpeg
    CE25B0B7-06DB-4C91-977A-B4F55CE8A867.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 69
It took me 3 deliveries. I don't think (I'm pretty sure) I wouldn't have gone for a fourth. Everybody cut their losses and go their own ways. Thing that really sucks is you missed all the traditional big sales on regular(big box store) pellet grills if that's the direction you're going next.

I bought my RT-700 directly from RecTeq. Wasn’t damaged. Have never had any issues with it. I had a Traeger BBQ075 for 13 years or so before that…before Traeger was popular. Never had a problem with it. Only unit I ever had a problem with was a Traeger I bought at Costco (specially made for Costco) that I had fires in the back, right corner a few times. After about 10-months, I took it back to Costco and received a full refund. That’s when I drove to Augusta GA (from Charleston SC) to look at the recteq first-hand. I was very impressed…bought my RT-700 that day. Had it shipped to my house. I’ve been enjoying it ever since.

Pull the trigger. You’ll cook on your RT as often as you’ve ever grilled on a gas grill. Everything tastes better on a wood fire. 😋

It took me 3 deliveries. I don't think (I'm pretty sure) I wouldn't have gone for a fourth. Everybody cut their losses and go their own ways. Thing that really sucks is you missed all the traditional big sales on regular(big box store) pellet grills if that's the direction you're going next.
Finally got my smoker, Recteq customer service and shipping manager came through for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back