Stampede Worried it will come broken/damaged...

Caps_Shield

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I have been putting off buying the 590 until I get back from vacation. Now I'm back and I am having trouble pulling the trigger. I worry it will come with issues and since I have no skill set to fix it, I will be out of luck. Is this a dumb reason to not order? I understand their customer service is great but I would hate to have to figure out how to box this thing up. Anyone else go through this?

My issues were minor but others not so lucky. I would not let this concern you if you really want a Recteq. More likely you will not have an issue or it will be minor. Keep in mind most people post when they have a problem not when everything is peachy. So you might be skeptical based on that alone. If you want it.. just do it. Life is short.

I'm not going to pretend and say you'll 100% receive a grill that is in perfect condition. In most cases, yes that's exactly what will happen, but there are cases where a grill will be delivered damaged.

But in every single case that I've heard this happen, RecTeq has gone above and beyond to resolve the issue. In many cases will flat out ship you another unit.

Pending no issues during shipment (and it's likely to NOT be an issue) then assembly is extremely simple. If you can turn a screwdriver and a wrench, then you'll be just fine.

Check out the RT-590 manual, and you'll see assembly is really nothing more than putting on the legs and adding the grill grates.

Best of all, you've already found a great resource should you have any questions, right here on this very forum!

Should we not be able to help, or you need warranty service, then RecTeq customer service will undoubtedly take care of you.

Don't worry about it 'til it happens. The assembly isn't rocket science. My 340 was in a UPS rollover accident and the lower shelf was tweaked a little and I straightened it easily.

I agree. Of all of the things I've had to build before use ( I HATE anything from IKEA) including my Recteq, Blackstone, prep table, etc., my Recteq grill assembly was pretty easy. I found that printing the manual and having it handy was MUCH easier than trying to refer to a laptop or cell phone. I know others built theirs by watching the YouTube video and skipped steps and had to unassemble a bit to correct things.

Since this forum focuses on Recteq, you'll see a number of complaints about "Recteq shipping", but freight shipping of nearly anything has the same universal issues.

I’ve purchased three grills from RecTeq. Two went flawlessly and one didn’t. The last one I had to send two back but it really wasn’t that difficult. If you have to ship it back they pay the shipping and just ask that you get it packed up the best you can and set it out front on the day they schedule to pick it up.
Worst case scenario you have to buy a roll of packing tape to make sure it’s secure.
As far as any repairs it’s either a nut and bolt, a screw or you have to plug something in. If you research has lead you to the 590 then my recommendation is to buy it.

Listen to the folks above; they’ve given you sound advice. Odds are, you won’t have any issues. The skill set needed to assemble the RT-590 is something you probably mastered by the third grade; “Reading Fundamentals” and “Basic Screwdriver and Wrench 101.” :ROFLMAO:

As for shipping damage, it is possible, but unlikely and could happen regardless of the brand grill you buy. And, if you managed to miss the “Basic Screwdriver and Wrench 101” course somehow, this would be a great time to learn a new skill set…and, with a whole bunch of coaches on the sidelines here at the forum. Go for it! (y)

So I have been putting off buying the 590 until I get back from vacation. Now I'm back and I am having trouble pulling the trigger. I worry it will come with issues and since I have no skill set to fix it, I will be out of luck. Is this a dumb reason to not order? I understand their customer service is great but I would hate to have to figure out how to box this thing up. Anyone else go through this?
Feel free to have it shipped to my home. I will be more than happy to apprise you of the condition upon arrival.

You're welcomed 😀

All the time you're spending worrying - your second or third replacement could have already been shipped to you. Yes it sucks when it happens, it could happen - all kinds of things could have happened to you while on vacation - but you went anyway. You survived - take it as a sign, order the grill...
:)

Thank you to everyone here! I hemmed and hawed enough, I just pulled the trigger!! I can't wait!!
So there is one thing I didn't tell you and it's a very real problem that you're about to find out yourself...

The wait.

The wait for your newly purchased grill. If you're like many others here, you'll be checking the order and delivery status daily, sometimes multiple times a day!

haha congrats on the purchase. We can't wait to hear your thoughts about your new RT-590 once you've had a chance to use it.

I just got a Bullseye (quite a bit lighter than a 590 I imagine) and it was delivered by FedEx, on a Sunday no less. I was thoroughly impressed with how well it was packed. There was styrofoam around the edges of the lid, the grate, diffuser plate, etc. And the box it came in was very sturdy and thick. There was no damage whatsoever. Depending on how careful the freight company is, you should hopefully get your smoker in excellent condition. Best of luck to you.

First Hand experience:

I will say recteq will stands by their products and has great customer service. I received a RT-1250 that looked like it fell off the truck and was then hit by another vehicle. The unit was pretty banged up. Initially thought it was cosmetic, but the cover was out of alignment. The unit is so well built that it still worked. Called recteq and they shipped me a new one out the next day and allowed me to use the damaged one until the new one came in. That was good because that one got lost in shipment by Etsy, the carrier. Called recteq and sent a third one and a bundle of pellets for my trouble. That one arrived with no issues and is one of best investments I have made.

So…. Bottom line order the grill…. You will be happy

My RT-590 arrived like it had been in a demolition derby. Never worked right...even with a new controller and sensor. Just taking up space at my house because I can't even sell it.

Attachments

• IMG_4641.JPG
    IMG_4641.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 90
My RT-590 arrived like it had been in a demolition derby. Never worked right...even with a new controller and sensor. Just taking up space at my house because I can't even sell it.
Where are you located?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back