Bull Will The Pellet Hopper Auto Mix?

Mickslick

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I will be using a mix of pellets from two different bags. If I pour even amounts of each flavor in each hopper side, will this auto mix when burning? Or do I need to physically mix the pellets prior to going in the hopper?

Thanks?

I will be using a mix of pellets from two different bags. If I pour even amounts of each flavor in each hopper side, will this auto mix when burning? Or do I need to physically mix the pellets prior to going in the hopper?

Thanks?
Whichever bag you put in first will be what burns first, before burning the other bag you pour in last. You can weigh an amount from each bag and or find a decent size container like a old, clean bucket or a pot that's big enough and pour in equal amounts in and mix/toss them by hand and you'll be all set. You'll get a better, equal burn of both that way

I usually give the pellets a mix by hand (once in the hopper) to make sure they distributed. You can make some interesting combos, not sure you can always taste the difference but definitely fun. I saw, not sure where, a magnet that attaches to the hopper that you write what kind of pellets you re using. Sometimes after having pelleting in for a while, it is easy to forget what's in the hopper. ??

found them- make your own, other on line to buy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back