Which would you go with?????

Bbqallday80

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
If you could get the Rec Tec pellets for 40 pounds at 20 bucks a bag or 10 bucks for a 20 pound bag of bear mountain pellets? Which do you think is better and who would you go with? It’s time for me to get a few bags and want to see some opinions on both of these. Thanks everyone

My personal opinion-the recteq pellets are outstanding. Not that the Bear Mountain or LJ or other pellets are not, but if the price per pound is the same I’d pick the recteq pellets.

If you are doing more smoking than grilling, I would go with Bear Mountain as I believe they have specific 100% varities like LJ. The RecTeq pellets are more oak based so better for high heat. They do smoke fine but just personal opinion I would go Bear mountain. I like to smoke with 100% hickory or 100% cherry depending on what i'm cooking. I just use the blend pellets in my bullseye but Bull for smoking I use more 100% varities.

Rec-tec every time. Those are good pellets. I buy smaller bags of flavor specific pellets for a smoke tube. even that is only used a little bit of the time.

I appreciate the feed back. I’ve used Rec Tec and Lumberjack pellets and between the two I personally like Rec Tecs better. They burn longer and I feel more smoke. I just didn’t know what bear mountain was like but I’ll probably stick with Rec Tecs since I live beside them and only 20 bucks for 40 pounds.

I am pretty biased and fortunate. I live just a couple miles from RecTeq and have only ever used their pellets (with one exception when Lowes had Kingsford for almost free on clearance). I'll stick with RecTeq.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back